cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a PG348Q

bajs1988
Level 7
So I created this topic to help answer questions regarding this product. So far early impressions, great screen, no dead pixels, some back light bleed on the top right and top left corners, and overclocks to 100hz without issues.

Edit: just a heads up, the scan line issue that Acer X34 monitors experience is present with this monitor as well, not surprised since they both use the same panel. However it doesn't bother me as its only noticeable against single solid colored backgrounds i.e. Blue skies and you also have to look for it to see it. Easy to loose them during actual gaming. Jus thought I would warn potential buyers who were holding off hoping this issue would be resolved.

56 REPLIES 56

Hedges wrote:
Hey man

First thing is you got a sweet monitor man! I can't wait for the release and getting this bad boy. I currently have 2 PG278q's and still deciding how i should run this setup along side the 34". Are you running both monitors currently based on your pictures? One for desktop space and the wide screen for gaming i assume?

I may do what you do one 278q + 34" (when it comes out). Meanwhile moving the extra 278q to my wifes computer. Undecidied... first world problems.

Why not the UW in the middle with a 278q on each side? basically a triple monitor setup with the UW in the middle. Assuming you have the desk space, since they are all 1440p.

Kylis wrote:
Why not the UW in the middle with a 278q on each side? basically a triple monitor setup with the UW in the middle. Assuming you have the desk space, since they are all 1440p.

Great idea man! I may do that actually - going to be ultra ultra wide lol! 278q's for desktop space on both sides meanwhile the 34" for gaming. That would be perfect!

I got a 78" length x 36" width custom made desk

bajs1988
Level 7
Added an update to my first post regarding the scan lines seen on Predator X34 monitors.

jadedzero
Level 7
Awesome! thanks for the updates! I look forward to seeing what happens after a long gaming session. The "overclocking" nature of the monitor @100hz worries me a little after many hours of gaming. The backlight bleed isn't bad, but it's still more than I would expect from a $1000 monitor. 😞

I am not as familiar with the scan-lines issue so it looks like i'm gonna have to research that a bit more to find out what to expect.

Just curious, but what is the actual height of the screen itself? As in, the actual viewing area, what's the size from the bottom edge of the actual screen itself, to the top edge?

I don't mean any disrespect so please don't take any, I am curious as to how you may have gotten your hands on this monitor when it isn't even released yet, just curious,.....okay scratch that, I went back through the thread and found where you said you bought it, I am jelous. Congrats btw its a beautifull display, looking forward to getting 1 or 2 of these
I7 5930k 6 core ,corsair Hydro series H110i GTX AIO Hydro CPU cooler, Corsair AX860i PSU, ASUS rampage V extreme/U3.1, Corsair
platinum dominator 32gb DDR 4 3200, Nvidia geforce GTX 1080 x2 in SLI, Corsair obsidian 750D

mwe3302 wrote:
I don't mean any disrespect so please don't take any, I am curious as to how you may have gotten your hands on this monitor when it isn't even released yet, just curious,.....okay scratch that, I went back through the thread and found where you said you bought it, I am jelous. Congrats btw its a beautifull display, looking forward to getting 1 or 2 of these

Thanks! Just another small update. Been gaming on this thing for hours on end ever since I got it and the 100hz overclock is stable I have not experienced any new issues with the monitor.

Kylis
Level 7
It would probably be 13.39 inches according to http://www.silisoftware.com/tools/screen.php

Kylis wrote:
It would probably be 13.39 inches according to http://www.silisoftware.com/tools/screen.php

Sorry for the late reply I did a quick measurement and that's close to what I got.

As for the screen holding steady in the overclock, been gaming for the last couple of days, long gaming sessions around 4-5 hours each and no issues with overclock stability at 100hz.

I posted in another thread about this but no one will reply to it, when is this Display going to become available to the public? I want one real bad
I7 5930k 6 core ,corsair Hydro series H110i GTX AIO Hydro CPU cooler, Corsair AX860i PSU, ASUS rampage V extreme/U3.1, Corsair
platinum dominator 32gb DDR 4 3200, Nvidia geforce GTX 1080 x2 in SLI, Corsair obsidian 750D