cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a PG348Q

bajs1988
Level 7
So I created this topic to help answer questions regarding this product. So far early impressions, great screen, no dead pixels, some back light bleed on the top right and top left corners, and overclocks to 100hz without issues.

Edit: just a heads up, the scan line issue that Acer X34 monitors experience is present with this monitor as well, not surprised since they both use the same panel. However it doesn't bother me as its only noticeable against single solid colored backgrounds i.e. Blue skies and you also have to look for it to see it. Easy to loose them during actual gaming. Jus thought I would warn potential buyers who were holding off hoping this issue would be resolved.

56 REPLIES 56

rmongiovi
Level 8
The projected logo is the "Light in Motion" menu setting. Don't know why it's called that since it doesn't move, but there you have it.

Ahhh. Thanks..

Duke_of_Alinor
Level 7
Any problems with that odd screen resolution?
I currently game at 4K with a Samsung 30" and ProDuo, am thinking of the PG438 when they come out with a Freesync version.

Duke of Alinor wrote:
Any problems with that odd screen resolution?
I currently game at 4K with a Samsung 30" and ProDuo, am thinking of the PG438 when they come out with a Freesync version.

Support obviously. Some games don't support 21:9 resolutions which results in letter boxing.

Congrats on that sweet monitor. I'm currently in the market like to retire decommission my current monitor that has served m,e for years and Great for
3D vision gaming. I'm currently using two asus VG278HE. Love the 3d concept but its time for me to move from a TN panel to an IPS panel.

I'm looking to do surround gaming and was wondering how two PG348Q perform in a Nvidia Gsync Surround setup. Im currently running Broadwell-E 6850k
Clocked at 4.5 with Rampage V edition 10, 64 gigs of Corsair Dominator Platnium 3200 mhz ram. Video Card is old a GTX 780 TI currently waiting for the
1080 TI or Titan version to come out.

I may not have the right card to run it now in surround but I will once new cards are released. Are you planning to run two of these displays for Surround Gaming?

Has anyone found folks using two of these monitors in a Surround Gaming setup? Any issues with lag at full Max surround settings of 6880x 2880?

I did find following video using 3 of the PG348Q

Ntwlf
Level 12
Hi Bishopheals,

In regards to your previous question... "Has anyone found folks using two of these monitors in a Surround Gaming setup?"

With surround monitors for gaming and such, keep in mind that with 2 monitors in where you have the edge bezels pressed together is the focal point of game play if the game visuals are spread across both monitors. This can potentially ruin your game play experience unless you set the game to display only on one monitor, otherwise 3 monitors are suggested/recommended.

Just a heads up if you wasn't aware, then again you may have your own solution.