cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help] Should I RMA my monitor?

DuranDourand
Level 7
I bought the PG279Q from Newegg and in the upper right corner the screen and frame are seperated and if I pinch them together they make a click sound. There is some BLB also from this corner that is brighter than the IPS glow of the monitor. Is this normal? Here is a youtube video I found of what Im talking about. It isnt mine.

https://youtu.be/QzwuDFRRiIg
4 REPLIES 4

gupsterg
Level 13
For the price of these that would be unacceptable build quality IMO, if I purchased it. No idea if normal or not for this model. I know my past cheaper LCD monitors have no such issue and my MG279Q does not, if it did it would be refund time IMO.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

That's what I was thinking too but, if it was common then I don't want to replace this one for the same problem. I might as well go with the Pg278q instead of playing the ips lottery.

Personally, I would RMA it and get a replacement cause you're paying too much to have a defect like that. The PG278Q is a nice monitor if you're not willing to deal with IPS glow.

cljustin wrote:
Personally, I would RMA it and get a replacement cause you're paying too much to have a defect like that. The PG278Q is a nice monitor if you're not willing to deal with IPS glow.

But then you have dithering artifacts. Which is even worse for me, because once you see it, you can't unsee it.