cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide to Asus Device Forums

BeckerMiranda76
Level 7

In this thread, we will provide a short Q&A for your stay on this forum. Please read thoroughly and act accordingly. While most that is needed to know is pointed out in the Forum Rules, history shows that some points of these rules are not clearly understood by some users, and others leave room for interpretation. With this Q&A, we give you some additional guidelines regarding how the forum for this device is moderated.

Spoiler: Index

Who are the moderators for this forum?

The Team Leaders (Senior Moderators) for ASUS, HTC, Nokia, Nothing, nubia, OnePlus, OPPO, Realme, Sony, Xiaomi and ZTE devices are Az Biker, coal686, engloa and Stephen.

The Moderators for the sections listed above are alecxs, Funk Wizard, roirraW "edor" ehT, and Sib64.

How do I contact the moderator team?

While you are free to contact any of us via PM, for moderating purposes, it is much more advisable to use the report system. You can find the report button in the lower left corner of every post or conversation message. If you do that, your request reaches all moderators, thereby multiplying the chance of a fast reaction to your request. If you PM a moderator, he/she does not know whether you have contacted others also and therefore it is possible that your request is handled by different moderators, possibly overruling one another. Or, the moderator you messaged might not even be online for some time (for example, due to real life issues, etc.). Our ticket system avoids that. Therefore, please always use the report system.

Where do I post my thread/issue/question?

This is a very important decision and decides not only whether you achieve the goal you intend with your thread/post, but also whether it might be regarded as off-topic/not allowed and therefore be removed. So here is a list to help you decide where to put your thread (or maybe to not post it at all):

Questions & Answers Sub-Forum

What goes here:
All device related questions (questions pertaining to a ROM/kernel/theme/mod, etc. should be asked in the ROM/kernel/theme/mod's specific thread, if it exists)

Guides, News, & Discussion Sub-Forum

What goes here:
Guides, collections, tutorials, repositories, indexes
General information about the device
Tips and tricks
General discussion about technical aspects of the device
What does not go here (by far an uncomplete list, just some examples for topics that are not acceptable):
Everything prohibited by the Forum Rules.
Trolling, arguing, etc.
"What was your last phone/will be your next phone" (Off-topic for a device forum, you can post this in the Off-topic Forum)
"Hello", "Goodbye", "Merry Christmas/Easter/Hannukkah/whatever" (Obviously off-topic, just imagine if every user posts this!)
"I'll never buy XYZ brand/phone again", "Why Sony/Xiaomi/whoever sucks" and all other "hate" threads (Tell that to those guys, not us)
"Help!", "How do I...", "Why..." and all other questions (They belong in the Q&A sub-forum)

ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, & Other Development Sub-Forum

What goes here:
Publications and releases of your own development (ROMs, kernels, recoveries, etc.; for exact rules for creating such threads, please refer to Post #2 and Post #3 below)
What does not go here:
Any questions, guides, tutorials, general information/discussion, etc.

Themes, Apps, and Mods Sub-Forum

What goes here:
All discussions related to device specific theming or applications (self-made or shared)
Announcements and discussions regarding modifications made to device specific theme or application

Accessories Sub-Forum

What goes here:
All discussions related to accessories relevant to the device

NOTE: Not allowed in any section (including signatures):
Everything prohibited by the Forum Rules.
Specified or implied off-topic threads.
Discussion of/linking to work of developers that are banned from XDA. If they are banned, so is their work.
Political/religious statements of any kind.

Where can I post things that are not allowed in a Device Forum?

You might want to have a look in the General Discussion Forum for forums like:
General
Off-topic
Android Development and Hacking

What do I do when I do not understand a moderator's decision?

Please feel free to contact the moderator via PM to request clarification. They are approachable people, not robots. If that does not satisfy you, you can contact one of the Team Leaders (Senior Moderators). Do not, however, discuss any moderating issues in any of the forums. This will always be regarded off-topic (which it actually is).

Now let's all have fun on this forum and help each other to make XDA a place where users can gather useful information instead of sipping through knee deep piles of unorganized rubbish.

Regards,
Your Moderating Team for ASUS, HTC, Nokia, Nothing, nubia, OnePlus, OPPO, Realme, Sony, Xiaomi and ZTE devices

0 REPLIES 0