cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does touching ROG Swift PG PG278Q void warranty?

Karlo666
Level 7
So i found today one stuck pixel and fixed it whit a AIDA64 test things.

Also in right bottom corner i found a few of bright pixels.

Its clearly visible while browsing Youtube (that silver line where vidoes are listed).

Its hard for me to take a picture cuz my phone cant do it (very old phone).

I have didnt touched panel yet but i cleaned whit whit soft paper(no alcohol or some glass thing used) still stays same.

My question is.
Does touching ROG Swift PG PG278Q panel voids warranty?
2 REPLIES 2

Korth
Level 14
Any decent screen-cleaning product should work. Matte screens and glossy screens look very different but the dirt is still the same and cleaning the dirt off is still the same.

Many people advise using a diluted anhydrous isopropyl alcohol. The kind used for electronics, not the drugstore kind which contains perfumes and additives. It will not harm glass and most plastics.

Clean bottled water will certainly be safe on all plastics. You could dilute it with the tiniest bit of soap if needed on stubborn oils/etc, but be sure to wipe/rinse again with clean water to remove any soapy residues. I would only use isopropyl or some other chemical if plain water wasn't aggressive enough to remove some sort of stubborn stain (and this just never happens on a new monitor, lol, it takes years for the plastics to get so filthy that water alone won't work well enough).

Use a fine, soft microfiber cloth, be gentle and cautious, work patiently. Spray/pour liquids onto the cloth, not directly onto the monitor. Never use any kind of abrasives or dry cleaners unless you *know* what you're doing and what you're working with. It's probably wise to unplug the monitor beforehand and leave it unplugged until it's completely dry, but it's not strictly necessary.

Many people report being able to "fix" aberrant pixels by gently rubbing on the LCD panel while it's active. My experience is that this often does seem to correct pixel oddness, at least for a little while, without causing any real harm (though I haven't ever had to do this on my Swift, yet). But many people strongly advise NOT doing this as it can somehow apparently permanently damage the panel electronics/chemistry.

If by "touching" you mean taking anything apart ... your warranty will technically be void the moment you remove the first screw.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
If by "touching" you mean taking anything apart ... your warranty will technically be void the moment you remove the first screw.

By touching i mean whit my fingers.

Korth wrote:
Many people advise using a diluted anhydrous isopropyl alcohol. The kind used for electronics, not the drugstore kind which contains perfumes and additives. It will not harm glass and most plastics.

I have this Philips Screen cleaning fluid meant for LCD/LED and Plasma so i use that.
http://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/SVC2548G_27/screen-cleaner