cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Support Please help me with my PG279Q

I-Siamak-I
Level 7
My god after 5-6 replacements I still have the same exact issue, except this panel is perfect, no Backlight bleed and no uniformity issue at all but he same issue where every once in a while a line from middle of the screen relocates to the right side of the screen and a quick turn off and on or Alt+Tab fixes it, I made another video to demonstrate it on the new replacement. It seems to be a firmware issue as I had the exact same issue with XB271HU.

Here is the post from Acer regarding the same issue:
http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Monitors/Line-down-the-middle-overlapping-image/m-p/430049#M29...

and here is my Video:

60 REPLIES 60

Same issue here, RMA was rejected by Asus because they said windows is causing this..

Good to see this is being worked on, maybe it would help if Asus spreads awareness about this to its service centres as well..

JonathanG wrote:
Same issue here, RMA was rejected by Asus because they said windows is causing this..

Good to see this is being worked on, maybe it would help if Asus spreads awareness about this to its service centres as well..

This might be a dumb thing to ask one of you with this issue to try. Has anyone tried a clean install of their windows OS and installed only the graphics drivers and monitor hardware driver from the Box? I did not see this issue on my Windows 10 build with 780Ti's in SLI.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Bahz wrote:
Sorry for the late reply, I'll check with our service team in the US and I'll get back to you

Hi @Bahz, do you have any news about the firmware update?

It would appear that Acer is still finalizing their firmware update. Absolutely nothing from Asus.

I had to take my PG278Q in for repair/warranty and asked the tech if he new of the firmware for the PG279Q. Completely blank stare.

Hopefully it will be communicated effectively to ALL service centres. I also hope it is a quick update, just take it in, update firmware and leave.

I bought a new pg279q a weeks ago and it had pixel inversion problems. Is there any fix for this problem?

petedb wrote:
I bought a new pg279q a weeks ago and it had pixel inversion problems. Is there any fix for this problem?

Get a new monitor.....if you don't want or can't to do that you could try pixel fixing videos on YouTube. If it's one of those pixels that only has an issue once every several hours then you might be out of luck on that one. One of the several 279Q's I had had a random pixel that would get stuck/invert or do all kinds of fun things without the other pixels, I just returned it.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

I-Siamak-I
Level 7
Hi Bahz,

Do we still have any idea when the Firmware will be ready? Also is the Asus RMA support aware of this issue so i don't run into issues when setting up RMA?

Bahz
Level 12
I apologize for the late reply, the firmware update is ready but not all the service centers are equipped with the required tool to perform the firmware update so some things are still in process of being prepared. More information on this will be available in the upcoming weeks and we'll post an announcement in a separate sticky thread.

Bahz wrote:
I apologize for the late reply, the firmware update is ready but not all the service centers are equipped with the required tool to perform the firmware update so some things are still in process of being prepared. More information on this will be available in the upcoming weeks and we'll post an announcement in a separate sticky thread.

I'm a bit worried if I end up buying that monitor in October and end up having the model where it would need the firmware update.

But where I'm from, they probably dont have the tools or knowledge of the firmware of this monitor yet, since I'm from Australia.
That's kinda why I've been waiting for a while till things settle down, so I may end up getting the latest Manufacture date that the flaws may have been ironed out or what not.

I bought a monitor with a May 2016 build date and it is having this issue.