cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Support Please help me with my PG279Q

I-Siamak-I
Level 7
My god after 5-6 replacements I still have the same exact issue, except this panel is perfect, no Backlight bleed and no uniformity issue at all but he same issue where every once in a while a line from middle of the screen relocates to the right side of the screen and a quick turn off and on or Alt+Tab fixes it, I made another video to demonstrate it on the new replacement. It seems to be a firmware issue as I had the exact same issue with XB271HU.

Here is the post from Acer regarding the same issue:
http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Monitors/Line-down-the-middle-overlapping-image/m-p/430049#M29...


and here is my Video:

60,249 Views
60 REPLIES 60

Bahz
Level 12
I'm sure the firmware will be offered separately and won't require users to have to send in their monitor to have it upgraded. This part I'll have to further confirm with our monitor team.

Thanks,
Bahz

Bahz wrote:
I'm sure the firmware will be offered separately and won't require users to have to send in their monitor to have it upgraded. This part I'll have to further confirm with our monitor team.

Thanks,
Bahz


Dear Bahz, can you also get some kind of estimate on when the firmware will be ready? will I be notified here in forums or will I have to keep checking the PG279Q support and drivers section?

Best,

Bahz
Level 12
Hi Siamak,

So I got update from our monitor team and unfortunately firmware updates for monitors do require the user to send the monitor in. The firmware is being worked on as we speak and should take 3-4 weeks and they'll also need to do additional testing before it's ready.

Thanks,
Bahz

Bahz wrote:
Hi Siamak,

So I got update from our monitor team and unfortunately firmware updates for monitors do require the user to send the monitor in. The firmware is being worked on as we speak and should take 3-4 weeks and they'll also need to do additional testing before it's ready.

Thanks,
Bahz

What is this firmware update for specifically? Should everyone pg279q owner get it?

Janne-71 wrote:
What is this firmware update for specifically? Should everyone pg279q owner get it?


Firmware will (hopefully) fix the issue of shifting entire column of pixels from the middle of the screen to the border - as you can see in the movie from post #1.

Bahz
Level 12
I apologize for the inconvenience but all monitors (including other brands) that are using the same panel have this issue, this is why Nvidia has released a firmware to address this issue. I'll update everyone again once the firmware is available and let everyone know how to arrange to have your monitor sent in to have the firmware upgraded.

Bahz wrote:
I apologize for the inconvenience but all monitors (including other brands) that are using the same panel have this issue, this is why Nvidia has released a firmware to address this issue. I'll update everyone again once the firmware is available and let everyone know how to arrange to have your monitor sent in to have the firmware upgraded.


Dear Bahz,
Can you tell me if there is a service center in California that I can personally take my monitor to have it serviced for firmaare ? Reason I'm asking is I am exteremly sensitive about my monitor and under no circumstances I want it to be switcbed / replaced with another unit or during shipment or while getting handled by technicians get even small scratchs, dents, etc....

Bahz
Level 12
Sorry for the late reply, I'll check with our service team in the US and I'll get back to you

Bahz wrote:
Sorry for the late reply, I'll check with our service team in the US and I'll get back to you


Thank you Bahz, I'll wait for your reply.

Bahz wrote:
Sorry for the late reply, I'll check with our service team in the US and I'll get back to you

Hi @Bahz, do you have any news about the firmware update?