cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Support Please help me with my PG279Q

I-Siamak-I
Level 7
My god after 5-6 replacements I still have the same exact issue, except this panel is perfect, no Backlight bleed and no uniformity issue at all but he same issue where every once in a while a line from middle of the screen relocates to the right side of the screen and a quick turn off and on or Alt+Tab fixes it, I made another video to demonstrate it on the new replacement. It seems to be a firmware issue as I had the exact same issue with XB271HU.

Here is the post from Acer regarding the same issue:
http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Monitors/Line-down-the-middle-overlapping-image/m-p/430049#M29...

and here is my Video:

60 REPLIES 60

I-Siamak-I wrote:
Ok guys so here is the story, the day before yesterday I drove 1.5 hour to the Service Center in California because I wanted to avoid any physical damage to my unit. when I arrived at first they were confused a bit regarding my issue but soon after their manager came in and helped me out and thankfully they have just received the so called Tools and firmware that morning. the manager was extremely helpful and was shocked that I drove all the way instead of shipping it, he offered me Tea/Coffee while I was waiting cuz he didn't wanna send me back empty handed, then he even brought me bottle of water and some cookies while I was waiting. long story short, they managed to install the firmware after about 2 hours since it was the first time they were doing it on PG279Q and had some technical difficulties ( apparently the firmware is not plug and play after all and needed some actual programming), anyways 2 days has passed and my unit so far hasn't shown a single sign of the initial issue and I noticed the panel much more responsive in a way when Alt+Tab in and out of games and Gsync re-enables instantly.

When you brought your monitor in, did you pack it in the retail box to them and return it back as you gave it? or did you bring the monitor itself alone with the connections?

izzyreb02 wrote:
When you brought your monitor in, did you pack it in the retail box to them and return it back as you gave it? or did you bring the monitor itself alone with the connections?

Hi there sorry for late reply, I packed it in its retail box along with the AC adapter only, and they packed it just like that when returned it to me.

thinking to buy one so when are the new batch version being send to the eu netherlands because when i bought this monitor 2 month ago i had problems with this
monitor and got mine money back

I-Siamak-I wrote:
Hi there sorry for late reply, I packed it in its retail box along with the AC adapter only, and they packed it just like that when returned it to me.

Hi I-Siamak-I,

Just a update. We have a update firmware for this fix. When you send it in, email our RMA department to inform them to get V5.57 firmware upgrade to fix line in the middle of the screen issue.
Sincerely,
TY

thomas_yiu wrote:
Hi I-Siamak-I,

Just a update. We have a update firmware for this fix. When you send it in, email our RMA department to inform them to get V5.57 firmware upgrade to fix line in the middle of the screen issue.

Hello,

Is it possible to view the current firmware ?

Called tech support to go ahead and send mine back to have firmware updated.*
Made me look like an idiot. Tech support says that there are no issues with my monitor and no firmware updates are happening.
They also told me not to listen to anyone one these boards. This doesn't sound right. Would love the admin to explain why asus tech support doesn't know about this yet. Makes me feel real good about sending my monitor in.

Really pissed me off. *

Ok, now that I've cooled off a bit. I have a couple of questions. Does this issue affect the monitor's performance in any way other than the line being visible? I wouldn't think that this would happen since it is software issue, but would it get worse over time? To be honest, it doesn't bother me that much, I just go to display settings, set monitor down to 60hz, then I tell Windows I don't want to keep settings, it then goes right back to 144 without the line. This takes me about 5 seconds. Not a big deal to me, but it would bother me if performance of the monitor is being affected in any way, or if it will get worse if I don't fix it.

Thanks for the reply.

I-Siamak-I wrote:

HI did you bring it in the norcal or socal office?

izzyreb02
Level 9
I wonder the one in Brisbane does that for me like that in Australia. I don't live far from it, but from that location it just says Notebooks, Laptops but i dont know if thats the place where it can do the firmware update on the monitor.

Bahz
Level 12
I believe the reason not all service reps are aware of this issue is because the number of people affected by this issue is very low. Some of the call centers are not local service representatives so they're usually not on top of everything. It's usually better to send in request through ticket system for things like this. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused and I can assure you that many have sent in their monitors back for the update and it has fixed the problem for them.