cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - ANY INFORMATION

AKDragon
Level 7
Seriously this monitor has become a myth. Can anyone from Asus provide any up-to-date information regarding the release of the PG35VQ? people have been waiting since 2017 for this monitor and there has been no updates, it is now December 2018 and still no updates??

Can we get some information as to why this monitor has been delayed for so long? Is the PG35VQ in mass production? How much will it cost? What are the confirmed specs? Have there been any changes since it's announcement? At the very least you could provide your consumers with some form of an update, the responses thus far have been generic and dismissive; what is going on??
55 REPLIES 55

Sancus wrote:
Why did they add a DAC to this? What the hell? LOL. Just get the damn panel out, all of us with $2000+ to spend on a monitor already have excellent audio solutions that do not benefit from a random DAC in a monitor.

Hopefully the Acer version is less stupid.

+1
Whats next? A keyboard with an amp integrated? :rolleyes:

Cornholiooo wrote:
+1
Whats next? A keyboard with an amp integrated? :rolleyes:

WOW a speaker inside the monitor ?!!! why they didn't decreased the price and removed the speakers? who will buy this monitor can't buy a good speakers system ?lol
btw this monitor is in danger due to ghosting, we will see the testing.

filling the screen with even more gimic's to let the price raise over 2k, something is wrong in that concept

why should i buy a wqhd screen for 2k € when i can have nearly the same 4k screen for a bit cheaper, this is not going well
maybe i am to old since i dont see a difference between 144hz and 200 hz and in grafic hungry games i wont score those frames anyway

i was believing pg35vq would go for 1,2k€ something, but this is rediculous. where is the sense to invest so much money in a technology that will be outdated in not the distant future. miniled will bring the zones + the brightness so much forward, that fald display wont get a buyer in this part of the market anymore >.>
it will be a microled vs miniled decision, i doubt someone will care about fald anymore...

it had been 2 years of waiting for this screen now without any dev roadmap (the second year maybe just cause of the gimic's..) and why not wait a bit more and get a really good then. is it really so hard to make a fitting gsync (ultimate) hdr10(00) screen in w/qhd that is not rediculous overpriced ?

ressa wrote:
filling the screen with even more gimic's to let the price raise over 2k, something is wrong in that concept

why should i buy a wqhd screen for 2k € when i can have nearly the same 4k screen for a bit cheaper, this is not going well
maybe i am to old since i don't see a difference between 144hz and 200 hz and in graphic hungry games i wont score those frames anyway

i was believing pg35vq would go for 1,2k€ something, but this is ridiculous. where is the sense to invest so much money in a technology that will be outdated in not the distant future. miniled will bring the zones + the brightness so much forward, that fald display wont get a buyer in this part of the market anymore >.>
it will be a microled vs miniled decision, i doubt someone will care about fald anymore...

it had been 2 years of waiting for this screen now without any dev roadmap (the second year maybe just cause of the gimic's..) and why not wait a bit more and get a really good then. is it really so hard to make a fitting gsync (ultimate) hdr10(00) screen in w/qhd that is not ridiculously overpriced ?

It will be a very long time before we see "affordable" mini/micro-led 32"/35" gaming monitors based on current manufacturing costs:
https://ibb.co/2PTDvvm

I am also waiting for almost 2 years for this monitor to be released. Specwise it almost ticks all the boxes I am looking for in a monitor.

Another thing that would help to keep the price of this monitor under control would probably be to get rid of the overpriced GSync HDR module and implement FreeSync 2 HDR with LFC instead.
*Since NVIDIA also supports FreeSync now I don’t see any advantage in GSync over FreeSync.

And instead of an included DAC ASUS could rather invest in something like an integrated ROG Aura Terminal. I invested in one last year and I was impressed on how much it can add to the gaming experience.
In my opinion it would also be a great idea to include the HALO software functionality into the firmware of the monitor. It would make this feature useable on any PC regardless of the OS and would probably also make it usable while watching Netflix.

Anyway. Those are just a few ideas of mine. Can’t wait to see this panel finally being released.

madr1c wrote:

Another thing that would help to keep the price of this monitor under control would probably be to get rid of the overpriced GSync HDR module and implement FreeSync 2 HDR with LFC instead.
*Since NVIDIA also supports FreeSync now I don’t see any advantage in GSync over FreeSync.

You are correct that nvidia graficcards are going to work with freesync. but you might have overread that we are talking here about gsync 2 (gsync ultimate) und free sync 2 -- freesync 1 will be okay, but not 2 -- hdr feature are so far only planed with the ultimate version as far as i understood

madr1c wrote:
I am also waiting for almost 2 years for this monitor to be released. Specwise it almost ticks all the boxes I am looking for in a monitor.

And instead of an included DAC ASUS could rather invest in something like an integrated ROG Aura Terminal. I invested in one last year and I was impressed on how much it can add to the gaming experience.
In my opinion it would also be a great idea to include the HALO software functionality into the firmware of the monitor. It would make this feature useable on any PC regardless of the OS and would probably also make it usable while watching Netflix.

Anyway. Those are just a few ideas of mine. Can’t wait to see this panel finally being released.

Either way it's too late for Asus to make changes such as these as it's already in production. Saying that I would rather they remove the DAC instead of the Gsync module. At this point it's clear the monitor is going to cost over $2000, so I'm going to stick with my monitor until next year and see if there are more sane options become available. For perspective the 55" Samsung QE55Q8DN has FALD, true 10-bit VA panel, 1500nits, 100hz, lacks gsync/vrr but here in the UK it costs £1799. In comparison the 27" PG27UQ is £2079.....honestly it's quite unreal to think the 1440p UW PG35VQ is going to cost more than the PG27UQ knowing it's not going to surpass the Samsung QE55Q8DN in IQ.

AKDragon wrote:
In comparison the 27" PG27UQ is £2079.....honestly it's quite unreal to think the 1440p UW PG35VQ is going to cost more than the PG27UQ knowing it's not going to surpass the Samsung QE55Q8DN in IQ.

https://youtu.be/fR9XKFpVYmA?t=234

😉
it will cost more. and thats the point why they will get problems in selling

So I've just seen the HP OMEN X Emperium display is now available for purchase and has the following spec:

• 3840x2160
  • 65" AMVA Panel
  • 4000:1 contrast ratio
  • FALD (384 zones)
  • HDR1000 certified
  • Gsync HDR
  • 144hz + 4ms response time
  • NV Shield TV
It costs £3500 here in the UK (without soundbar), how's that for perspective, lol.

March has arrived and still no word on the monitor AND now the ROG Matrix 2080 Ti. The latter was due to be released by the end of January, then pushed to February, after CES this year. The 43 inch XG438Q was also due end of February. I wonder if ASUS are gearing up for a massive drop of the products at some upcoming event? Any particular tech event or otherwise coming up? E3 seems a bit too far.