cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - ANY INFORMATION

AKDragon
Level 7
Seriously this monitor has become a myth. Can anyone from Asus provide any up-to-date information regarding the release of the PG35VQ? people have been waiting since 2017 for this monitor and there has been no updates, it is now December 2018 and still no updates??

Can we get some information as to why this monitor has been delayed for so long? Is the PG35VQ in mass production? How much will it cost? What are the confirmed specs? Have there been any changes since it's announcement? At the very least you could provide your consumers with some form of an update, the responses thus far have been generic and dismissive; what is going on??
71,327 Views
55 REPLIES 55

Hollywood_Cnd
Level 7
Ive been waiting for about a year and a half and right now I just want to know if this monitor has been abandoned or if it is still going to be released. I think people that have been waiting for a long time deserve to know at least that.

stewart_1
Level 8
We don't comment on forthcoming product launches, market arrival dates etc here on the forum guys. That's strictly a PR matter, i.e. something that usually gets communicated through our media or retail partners.

stewart@asus wrote:
We don't comment on forthcoming product launches, market arrival dates etc here on the forum guys. That's strictly a PR matter, i.e. something that usually gets communicated through our media or retail partners.


Oh so its still forthcoming. Thanks, that's all I needed to know.

Hollywood_Cnd wrote:
Oh so it's still forthcoming. Thanks, that's all I needed to know.


Exactly, while I did ask for more than I was expecting to receive; the customer feedback / interaction is real poor. At least I got a response here, Acer just blanked me on their forms. Some advice to both Asus and Acer, just a few lines saying something like this would do wonders:

"we are aware everyone has been waiting for this monitor for a long time! not to worry we are working hard to bring it to you all as soon as possible."

Instead of silence for over a year.....oh well back to waiting.

toronto699
Level 13
That's Some monitor listed as a product No Date
https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG35VQ/

jologskyblues
Level 8
I got tired of waiting, so I just went ahead and got an X34P. Besides, I don't want to be a guinea pig for early production issues that these Ultrawide HDR G-Sync monitors may have, and I'm not too hot on the decision to use VA panel tech on them. My experience with VA was ghosting-galore.

jologskyblues wrote:
I got tired of waiting, so I just went ahead and got an X34P. Besides, I don't want to be a guinea pig for early production issues that these Ultrawide HDR G-Sync monitors may have, and I'm not too hot on the decision to use VA panel tech on them. My experience with VA was ghosting-galore.


I was thinking about switching from IPS to VA monitor purley due to the contrast ratios and black levels (IPS=1000:1 VA=between 2000-3000:1), but I am aware of current VA based gaming monitors having low pixel response issues. Usually I would avoid VA panels because of poorer viewing angles but with a curved monitor I assume it would negate that issue to some degree.

I currently use a Predator XB321HK which for the most part is great, but after seeing a low end Samsung 43" VA based 4K HDR TV; the contrast ratio alone (approx. 5000-6000:1) blows any "gaming monitor" out of the water (and it was edge-it!); this is the reason I would move away from an IPS panel. Although I find it odd that even samsung's freesync HDR VA monitors also have the ghosting/low pixel response issues.

Personally I am looking for a monitor that supports HDR+FALD, the current IPS based HDR monitors that have FALD exhibit "glowing" issues due to the use of an IPS panel instead of a VA. Again for HDR to look it's best VA panels are more suitable due to the better contrast ratios. The PG35VQ / X35 pretty much check all the boxes in terms of my requirements (although I find 200hz pointless 120/144hz would have been fine) but as you say the ghosting issues that plague them is a concern, hopefully all this time with zero updates or information from Asus has been spent in resolving this issue? Time will tell.

AKDragon wrote:
I was thinking about switching from IPS to VA monitor purley due to the contrast ratios and black levels (IPS=1000:1 VA=between 2000-3000:1), but I am aware of current VA based gaming monitors having low pixel response issues. Usually I would avoid VA panels because of poorer viewing angles but with a curved monitor I assume it would negate that issue to some degree.

I currently use a Predator XB321HK which for the most part is great, but after seeing a low end Samsung 43" VA based 4K HDR TV; the contrast ratio alone (approx. 5000-6000:1) blows any "gaming monitor" out of the water (and it was edge-it!); this is the reason I would move away from an IPS panel. Although I find it odd that even samsung's freesync HDR VA monitors also have the ghosting/low pixel response issues.

Personally I am looking for a monitor that supports HDR+FALD, the current IPS based HDR monitors that have FALD exhibit "glowing" issues due to the use of an IPS panel instead of a VA. Again for HDR to look it's best VA panels are more suitable due to the better contrast ratios. The PG35VQ / X35 pretty much check all the boxes in terms of my requirements (although I find 200hz pointless 120/144hz would have been fine) but as you say the ghosting issues that plague them is a concern, hopefully all this time with zero updates or information from Asus has been spent in resolving this issue? Time will tell.


Another thing I can’t stand with VA panels is black crush **

jologskyblues wrote:
Another thing I can’t stand with VA panels is black crush **


I haven't read about any recent VA gaming monitors having black crush issues. But with IPS panels you are always guaranteed to have 1000:1 or lower contrast ratios, which is a shame as I've been using IPS panels for years but there has been no improvement in this area.