cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q Power supply issue

MROOD
Level 9
I bought a brand new Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q it has a 3 year uk warranty to which i have alot of time left

recently my monitor will not switch on, power completley dead

but when I unplug the plug from the wall socket and re-insert it it works

it started some time ago and now the problem happens all the time

After investigation it seems the monitor is working perfect but the power supply brick is the issue here

I dont want to send out the monitor as it has no dead pixels or light bleed, its perfect, but i need a new power supply cable/adapter

Will asus help me sort this issue out?

past experiences with my strix 980ti was horrendous, now im gutted that im gonna face a nightmare with asus in sorting out a new power supply for my monitor !!
5 REPLIES 5

Crashcourse316
Level 9
buy one on amazon. 20 USD

https://www.amazon.com/UpBright%C2%AE-Adapter-PG278Q-Monitor-Charger/dp/B00MH9YSCS

I'm sure you can find the same replacement in the Amazon UK

also this brnad seems good too

https://www.amazon.com/T-Power%C2%AE-2560x1440-Backlight-Replacement-Switching/dp/B00N2AY7WM/ref=cm_...
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

ive already checked and they dont sell these on amazon uk, im in Bukinghamshire south east England and unfortunate not even eBay uk sells a adapter for the rog swift.

im at the mercy of asus but i dont think they will give a toss, they've already got my £759 so im stuffed

im well within my 3 year warranty and this monitor isnt even that old, the power supply should of lasted longer

MROOD
Level 9
absolute nightmare started already, some guy from asus support wants me to rma the whole monitor, what a stupid idea

MROOD wrote:
absolute nightmare started already, some guy from asus support wants me to rma the whole monitor, what a stupid idea

First thing I think you should do is call Asus back like 5 times and try and get different employees. explain the situation and ask if they can send you a new PSU and you will send back the bad one. The reason I say call back multiple times is because I have some this to different retailers or online services for refunds or exchange issues and sometimes the employees do not know a policy exactly word for word or they may think something is not possible when it can be done. I'm not sure is asus can do it as I described but if you talk to 5 employees and they all say the same thing of send in your monitor for RMA then I would say go to my next suggestion

As much as I hate to say this as I come from retail. If the only option they are giving you is to send back your entire monitor, Go to a store or online retailer. buy another Monitor of your exact same model and swap out the power supply. Return it and tell the store the power supply is having issues it looks like. They will refund your cash for the monitor and RMA the monitor to Asus as a retailer. All your left with is a new PSU. It's a dumb little loophole that I would hate to need to use as it doesn't effect Asus really it only wastes the employees time of the store and maybe some shipping cost to the store at some point but the don't take a huge hit from it. Please only do this as a last resort. It is frowned upon but coming from an big name electronics retailer, All the employees at the store would understand this issue and on multiple occasions myself and other employees have done this for customers with issues similar to this situation.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

iustin
Level 7
yeah,It happened to me ,some guy from asus support wants me to rma the whole monitor, a new power supply I bought it from a local store (original new version 🙂 ). absolute nightmare asus service:mad: