cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS PG32UQ help!

Kobol
Level 8
Just grab the ASUS PG32UQ . Monitor has a good response time and vibrant sRGB colors.

The problem is than when I set Variable OD to Level 3 or Level 4 I have some text overshoot/smearing when scrolling in Chrome or using text of any kind.

Is there any way to enable Variable OD for gaming and disable it for desktop application usage?! The Asus DisplayWidget doesnt seem to control Overdrive?!
This appears to be a game breaker for me, as I have to set Variable OD to Level 3 every time I start game and that when go to desktop set Variable OD to Level 0 in monitor OSD.

There have to be a solution for that annoying problem ?
9 REPLIES 9

Ecmslee
Level 9
Is your desktop set for 60Hz refresh? Anything over OD Level 2 causes visible overshoot with this monitor when it's at 60Hz or lower. Hoping for a future firmware update that addresses this.

Kobol
Level 8
No. It is set to 144hz

Kobol
Level 8
Another problem!

Monitor resumes very slowly from sleep - about 5 seconds.

Anyway to fix this ? There is no way to disable deep sleep in OSD which have fixed this issue in another monitors ?!

Kobol wrote:
Another problem!

Monitor resumes very slowly from sleep - about 5 seconds.

Anyway to fix this ? There is no way to disable deep sleep in OSD which have fixed this issue in another monitors ?!

I have this "problem"too.Im on FW 024

Kobol
Level 8
We need a Firmware fix for this.

dr_owned2
Level 7
Yup, same issue. PG32UQ takes so long to wake up (several seconds) that Windows 10 considers it disconnected and moves windows around to my other monitors. Meanwhile my Dell U2720Q's wake up instantly.

See also this issue on the Vg28uql1a monitor. Same issue (or worse):

Asus Vg28uql1a Thread

Its unclear to me whether this issue exists for all newer ASUS monitors, or some of these top-level monitors.

Kobol
Level 8
Just updated to v034 and and the wake up time is much faster. Its not instantaneous but its tolerable now. Wake up delay is 2.25 sec!

Kobol
Level 8
There is a problem with this firmware! Just look into my other post!