cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PG248q moving artifacts / Scan Lines

pest666
Level 7
Hello,

I just got an Asus PG248q, the first thing I did was changing the refresh rate to 180Hz, as its the main the feature of this monitor.
The first thing I immediately noticed were persistent/constant horizontal scan lines on the left lower side of the monitor.
I tried a few things, changing the refresh rate was the only thing that worked. The lower I set the refresh rate the less faint scan lines do I get.
If I set it to 144Hz the lines are still there and sometimes I get strange lines moving down the monitor.
I wanted to ask if someone got the same issue with this monitor or if its a gerenal issue with 144+ Hz monitors.
I already tried several things, eliminating electronical interference, reinstall drivers, using older drivers, nothing helped.
When I turn GSYNC off the moving artifacts are gone while I still got scan lines(most visible at 180Hz).
I ran the Inversion Uniformity Test at TESTUFO which was blinking, what it should not do.
I ended up in returning it yesterday, I am now waiting for a new one.

Are there any PG248Q Users who can share their experience?

Thank you in advance.
36 REPLIES 36

Legadema
Level 7
pest666 wrote:
Hello,

I just got an Asus PG248q, the first thing I did was changing the refresh rate to 180Hz, as its the main the feature of this monitor.
The first thing I immediately noticed were persistent/constant horizontal scan lines on the left lower side of the monitor.
I tried a few things, changing the refresh rate was the only thing that worked. The lower I set the refresh rate the less faint scan lines do I get.
If I set it to 144Hz the lines are still there and sometimes I get strange lines moving down the monitor.
I wanted to ask if someone got the same issue with this monitor or if its a gerenal issue with 144+ Hz monitors.
I already tried several things, eliminating electronical interference, reinstall drivers, using older drivers, nothing helped.
When I turn GSYNC off the moving artifacts are gone while I still got scan lines(most visible at 180Hz).
I ran the Inversion Uniformity Test at TESTUFO which was blinking, what it should not do.
I ended up in returning it yesterday, I am now waiting for a new one.

Are there any PG248Q Users who can share their experience?

Thank you in advance.

Can you report back how does it go with replaced unit in terms of your previous problems , i will order my on monday , so just to know what to expect...

Hello,

having a replacement for 2 days now. I noticed that the scan lines are still there. Guess its just the way it is with this monitor, or its a problem with my hardware setup or a driver issue.
On the other side I kind of fixed the moving artifacts/waves/lines by setting the "real" refresh rate of the monitor to i.e. 143,74 Hz and the moving artifacts are gone.
But this one has a yellow-ish look on half of the monitor. I will receive my third monitor tomorrow, if there are still any problems I am switching to a different model.
Best of luck to you, I hope you will receive a good one!

Oh man that does not sound promising...I am going tomorrow to test this monitor ,some Asus representative in my country offered me testing this monitor in their facility,so i will carefully look for this specific problems that you have,and than i will decide definitely about this monitor...Also i will report you back tomorrow my experience with monitor and did i saw same problems...

pest666 wrote:
Hello,

having a replacement for 2 days now. I noticed that the scan lines are still there. Guess its just the way it is with this monitor, or its a problem with my hardware setup or a driver issue.
On the other side I kind of fixed the moving artifacts/waves/lines by setting the "real" refresh rate of the monitor to i.e. 143,74 Hz and the moving artifacts are gone.
But this one has a yellow-ish look on half of the monitor. I will receive my third monitor tomorrow, if there are still any problems I am switching to a different model.
Best of luck to you, I hope you will receive a good one!

Is it looks like here?

Hello,

yes, it looks like on the picture you posted. But I have to say its not that visible like on your picture, slightly less.
But its even the same spot, top left corner.

Hello Pest666!!

Can you please post some photos?

pest666 wrote:
Hello,

yes, it looks like on the picture you posted. But I have to say its not that visible like on your picture, slightly less.
But its even the same spot, top left corner.

The PG279Q's that I tried out all had the same issue with the top left corner, one was the entire screen, and another was the entire top half. finally got one that has a more minimal issue compared to the others.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Hello i tested pg248q for 2 hours and this unit did not have any problems that was mentioned here in tread... The only problem that i had when changing form 144 to 180 hz was signal lost so i must restart computer,and after that everything was good again...I never used gsync monitor ,and also never used 60+ Hz monitor ,so i was impressed with performance,and fluidity...Also i never hit 180 fps because i tried some demanding games,but i hit 144fps in some games...Tried GTA V, Assassin's creed Unity ,Assassin's creed Black Flag (the game is locked at 60 Hz) ,The Witcher 3, Shadow of mordor,ect...
I put everything on ultra and get 80 90 over 100 fps and 144 hz in some games,so you can do that with 1080p if you have enough powerful gpu...
Tn panel looks good ,better than most i seen ,all in all i really like this monitor ,i will buy it for myself...
P.s i can not know if my monitor will have problems like yours ,but this unit that i tested was perfect...So if you like this monitor rma until you get one with no problems...
Also i didn't tested in dark environment so can not talk about possible backlight bleed and things like that,but in games , desktop and little browsing in google chrome was perfect...

Legadema wrote:
Also i didn't tested in dark environment so can not talk about possible backlight bleed and things like that,but in games , desktop and little browsing in google chrome was perfect...

Thats why you don't see any problem.