cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus, I would like to thank you for this amazing experience (PG279Q)

Beatnutz
Level 7
Dear Asus,

I have been a gamer all my life, got my first taste of console gaming about 32 years ago and have
since then been a hardcore console gamer. And I still am to this day.

I have never been anti computer gaming, it just was not my thing. I preferred to sit in a couch in
front of a big TV. My family has grown since then and the living room is no longer my domain, neither
am I impressed by the new generation of consoles that felt outdated the same day they came.

I've been longing for the ultimate experience, like REALLY, REALLY longing for it. I've been pretty
obsessed with it actually (my old friend OCD kicked in again). Made a ton of research
and felt like I knew everything I needed to know. Hell, I even saw the bad reviews people gave your
PG279Q screen. But, you know... internet.

Finally got around to order a beast-PC and the PG279Q monitor. The monitor arrived the next day. It was
as if they couldn't wait to get rid of it. PC wouldn't arrive until a week later so I had to test the monitor with
my current laptop instead.

BLAM!!! That's when it hit me. The screen is YELLOW. It's like
a gradient that starts from half the screen and works its way up making everything look super cheap and disgusting.
When I open up the backlight test my whole room lights up from the bleed. I honestly feel like it's giving me
a sun tan. Which is in a way practical, but not exactly what I was going for when I laid down the money for the screen.

So now I'm standing here. With my computer soon arriving and the screen on it's way back to the store. Who knows
when/if I'll get a replacement.

SO, thank you Asus for this amazing experience. It's been a thrill giving you all that money and then ruining weeks
of anticipation. Really looking forward to getting another really bad version of your screen in maybe 2-3 weeks, and
then being disappointed again.
11 REPLIES 11

Dysternaut
Level 7
Haha, love your sarcasm man, but am sorry to hear yet another story about this god awful monitor.

Don't even bother exchanging it, your chances are better at winning the lottery than getting a decent panel on this thing.

A piece of friendly advice... get your money back and buy another monitor. Or if you absolutely myst have a IPS panel with G-Sync, wait for something decent to come out.

Personally I went the TN panel route, and have not regretted it.

Dysternaut wrote:
Haha, love your sarcasm man, but am sorry to hear yet another story about this god awful monitor.

Don't even bother exchanging it, your chances are better at winning the lottery than getting a decent panel on this thing.

A piece of friendly advice... get your money back and buy another monitor. Or if you absolutely myst have a IPS panel with G-Sync, wait for something decent to come out.

Can't deal with TN since I do a lot of design work on screen. But otherwise it's probably a great option
Gonna switch to Acer and try the Predator X34 after I've sent it back. Heard it has problems too, but I
see a lot less reports about it so hopefully I'm not getting crap this time.

cheers!

Beatnutz wrote:
Can't deal with TN since I do a lot of design work on screen. But otherwise it's probably a great option
Gonna switch to Acer and try the Predator X34 after I've sent it back. Heard it has problems too, but I
see a lot less reports about it so hopefully I'm not getting crap this time.

cheers!

Yeah, I understand why you wanna stay on the IPS path then. And I hope it pans out for you, but a word of warning.

I tried an Acer IPS as well, before finally getting an Acer TN based monitor, and that IPS panel was just as bad as the ones in the Asus ones I had.

The X34 is a whole different beast though, so let's hope that fares better for you.

Dysternaut wrote:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about! This is the best monitor I have ever owned. I have no black light bleed and very little IPS glow. The 165 Hz refresh rate is super fast and for gaming is definitely the best monitor available. I bought a open box monitor on Newegg and got a screaming deal. I think to many people don't know the difference between back light bleed and IPS glow. Well anyway I love my Rog Swift PG279Q IPS panel.:rolleyes:

CptSpig wrote:
I have no idea what you guys are talking about! This is the best monitor I have ever owned. I have no black light bleed and very little IPS glow. The 165 Hz refresh rate is super fast and for gaming is definitely the best monitor available. I bought a open box monitor on Newegg and got a screaming deal. I think to many people don't know the difference between back light bleed and IPS glow. Well anyway I love my Rog Swift PG279Q IPS panel.:rolleyes:

Dude, just read all the posts in here! Even Asus have officially admitted that they have quality issues with these panels.

You probably got lucky with yours, so good for you. Most other people buying these monitors aren't as lucky...

Dysternaut wrote:
Dude, just read all the posts in here! Even Asus have officially admitted that they have quality issues with these panels.

You probably got lucky with yours, so good for you. Most other people buying these monitors aren't as lucky...

Dude, Asus had problems with this monitor for the first two months. If you have one of these panels with a serial number from these batches. You can look on there web site and they will replace the panel. There are still some floating around. The ones that have a killer deal. When the old TN panels were released they had a few problems and people were returning those panels. All I know is the new IPS panels are a big improvement over the older TN panels. I have had both so this is from experience.

CptSpig wrote:

I'm happy for you that you got a good one, that doesn't mean that everybody else is lying though. It seems that the likelyhood of getting
a good one is less than getting a bad one. Just check any forum, and you'll find hundreds of these posts.

Manufacture month has nothing to do with it, reports have been coming in since the start and my screen was from January and was just as bad.

In theory this screen is great, too bad they messed so many other things up tho. Can't say I'm sad about owning the Predator X34 now instead of this.

Beatnutz wrote:
I'm happy for you that you got a good one, that doesn't mean that everybody else is lying though. It seems that the likelyhood of getting
a good one is less than getting a bad one. Just check any forum, and you'll find hundreds of these posts.

Manufacture month has nothing to do with it, reports have been coming in since the start and my screen was from January and was just as bad.

In theory this screen is great, too bad they messed so many other things up tho. Can't say I'm sad about owning the Predator X34 now instead of this.

I am truly happy that you found a monitor you like! 😄

jadedzero
Level 7
If you get an X34, try to get a March 2016 build. I got one and it's perfect so far! Good luck!