cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on the PG32UQXE

IT_Troll
Level 10
This monitor was announced a year ago. Any news on when it might be released, or has it been cancelled?

https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-monitors/rog-swift-pg32uqxe/
11 REPLIES 11

sblantipodi
Level 9
Waiting for the same monitor.
@Asus can you comment on this please?

IT_Troll
Level 10
I see they have now announced the PG32UQXR. Might be a Refresh of the old design. No word on price or availability though so could just be more vapourware.

https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-monitors/rog-swift-pg32uqxr-intro/

IT_Troll
Level 10
Some news outlets are saying*Q2 of 2023 priced at EUR 1599 for the PG32UQXR.

Do you think that PG32UQXR will be noisy like the PG32UQX?

I think that it's time to return to fanless monitor, these days PCs are deadly silent, it's unacceptable to have noisy monitors, and to tell all the story, a fan you can't clean can't last long.

sblantipodi wrote:
Do you think that PG32UQXR will be noisy like the PG32UQX?

I think that it's time to return to fanless monitor, these days PCs are deadly silent, it's unacceptable to have noisy monitors, and to tell all the story, a fan you can't clean can't last long.

What do you mean by Noisy? My PG32UQX does not make a sound. Even IF i put my ear directly up to the top exhaust ports, I can barely hear the fan.

skyhopper01 wrote:
What do you mean by Noisy? My PG32UQX does not make a sound. Even IF i put my ear directly up to the top exhaust ports, I can barely hear the fan.

that kind of fan became noise soon or later, a monitor should not have a fan you can't clean, swap easily.

I was not able to wait anymore, I bougth the Acer X32 FP, waiting for the arrival 😄

sblantipodi wrote:
that kind of fan became noise soon or later, a monitor should not have a fan you can't clean, swap easily.

I was not able to wait anymore, I bougth the Acer X32 FP, waiting for the arrival 😄

All Fans will eventually die. The fan is for the GSYNC ultimate module and is a limitation of ALL Gsync ultimate monitors.

I received my Acer X32 FP and I can't be more enthusiast. The monitor is stellar.

It's fast guys.

This is the first monitor where I can read text without ANY blur in GSYNC pendulum demo even at 60Hz, leave alone at 160Hz.

When the monitor surpasses 120Hz it's the fastest IPS monitor I have seen yet, forget the blur.

Monitor has NO FAN since it doesn't havea GSYNC module.

I don't really like the default calibration of the monitor since it tends to darken dark areas a bit too much when FALD is active,
this can be solved completely using a colorimeter, I'm using i1 Profile Pro.

Color accuracy is stellar once calibrated with a DeltaE less than 1, same things for greyscale.

regarding the brightness uniformity using FALD I sincerely can't desire more, this is the most uniform monitor I had and I think that it can compete with cheap EIZOs regarding uniformity.

this uniformity is simply stellar in a "non professional" monitor.

Color gamut is stellar.

GSYNC compatible works flawlessly with my 4090.

HDR is stellar with peak brightness of 1200 nits, flickering is not a big problem, it's not an OLED but it has all the advantages of the IPS panel over OLED.

Blooming and haloing is very very reduced even in a complete dark room, they made a very great job here.

Contrast is stellar for an IPS panel.

The stand is a bit too high since the monitor is at 8 centimeters from the desk in the lowest position.

IT_Troll
Level 10
I think it is the G-Sync Ultimate module which requires the fan. This newer model does’t have the dedicated module.