cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice from Rog Swift PG278Q Owners

pennyboy
Level 9
Hey guys,

I have saved my cash and the Rog Swift PG278Q will be available finally in New Zealand in two weeks time. I was dead set on getting one before jumping onto these forums and seeing all of the problems you guys are having :(. Would you guys recommend I hold off until the issues have been fixed?? I am on the fence now whether or not I become an early adopter of this product.
The main reason I want this monitor is of course for G-Sync but it seems that it is pretty buggy at the moment and is causing crashes and other nasty issues!?

Thanks all

Carl
11,969 Views
18 REPLIES 18

grahnen
Level 7
Im on my third screen and still having problems that seem to be hardware related. My first screen was delivered late july. So my advice i wait. The biggest problem atm is why asus doesnt speak to us about the issues.

grahnen wrote:
Im on my third screen and still having problems that seem to be hardware related. My first screen was delivered late july. So my advice i wait. The biggest problem atm is why asus doesnt speak to us about the issues.


Ok thanks for the info, I will hold off then. Not keen on dealing with all these problems, its a shame because I have been waiting all year for this monitor to come out 😞

Acquire
Level 7
I have the chronic "out of range" problem right now. Am thinking if I should RMA it or not since its claimed that that is an issue that can be fixed by drivers. I'd wait on it. For this price you'd expect it to actually just work and not be having all these issues.

NavasC
Level 7
Not to be the contrarian here...But I got my screen from Newegg as one of the first waves, and it behaves just fine on my rig with no problems.There's a certain hazard to looking in the LCD support section - the people who are loving their monitors aren't posting here, they're off enjoying their monitor XDI'd say if you can go ahead and get one, go ahead and get it. ASUS will take care of you with an RMA, or you can exchange it if you buy it locally if something happens with it. I just think basing your decision off seeing all the problems is a misrepresentation, as you don't have a proper scale for how many people have a monitor without any issues.

ThomasBo
Level 7
I have a friend that got one 4 weeks ago (1st wave) and had no problems at all. Running g-sync etc.

I am on my 4th now (3 rma'ed) - and everything seems to be running fine. It's an awesome monitor when it works. But yes #5... a lot of the people that have no problems don't post their success histories here.

My reseller told me they have RMA on 10 monitors out of 140 sold, so around 7% .. I can't tell if that number is high or just normal, but then you know what the odds are for getting a good one. I guess as production ramps up and the first problems get ironed out the rate will drop. We are still on 1st gen. G.sync and 1st gen monitors that run g.sync

ThomasBo wrote:
I have a friend that got one 4 weeks ago (1st wave) and had no problems at all. Running g-sync etc.

I am on my 4th now (3 rma'ed) - and everything seems to be running fine. It's an awesome monitor when it works. But yes #5... a lot of the people that have no problems don't post their success histories here.

My reseller told me they have RMA on 10 monitors out of 140 sold, so around 7% .. I can't tell if that number is high or just normal, but then you know what the odds are for getting a good one. I guess as production ramps up and the first problems get ironed out the rate will drop. We are still on 1st gen. G.sync and 1st gen monitors that run g.sync


What exactly were the problems you had?

Hey all, I appreciate all the feed back. I have to agree with the folks here that mention that I shouldn't base my decision off forums alone because most people who post will be the ones with issues. I'm still really keen on getting one but I might have a chat with the store I buy it from and see what the return/replacement times are like if I do run into issues?

pennyboy wrote:
Hey all, I appreciate all the feed back. I have to agree with the folks here that mention that I shouldn't base my decision off forums alone because most people who post will be the ones with issues. I'm still really keen on getting one but I might have a chat with the store I buy it from and see what the return/replacement times are like if I do run into issues?


Definitely a good idea to look into. I would definitely see what the return/replacement options are before buying an $800 monitor. That being said, I hope you don't have problems with it 🙂 It's a great monitor if you get one that works.

NavasC wrote:
Definitely a good idea to look into. I would definitely see what the return/replacement options are before buying an $800 monitor. That being said, I hope you don't have problems with it 🙂 It's a great monitor if you get one that works.


I spoke with my supplier and they said I can return it if I have any issues, so I am going to order one as soon as they are in stock (18th of Sept) at this stage. I'm really looking forward to it because its going to be a big step up from my current 24" 1080 120hz screen, which I must say I love.