cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Card

Noxzoul
Level 7
What is the correct wireless card in the G750JXs?
On Windows 8.1 device manager is showing a Broadcom 802.11ac. However, the driver page is showing a Qualcomm Atheros. Device manager says the Ethernet is the Qualcomm Atheros.
I have been having wireless network issues on this laptop and want to eliminate the drivers being the issue.

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Pitcher1
Level 9
please find wlan driver in win8 sheet, that have three type driver version (Broadcom,Intel,Qualcomm Atheros), you can see the Qualcomm Atheros driver in win 8.1 sheet, it mean if your wlan is Qualcomm Atheros for you laptop spec, you need install new 8.1 driver, if others, you don't need install again when you upgrate to win 8.1, but if meet problem, please remove driver and install win 8 driver, i think it is ok.

getjohnalive
Level 7
Noxzoul wrote:
What is the correct wireless card in the G750JXs?
On Windows 8.1 device manager is showing a Broadcom 802.11ac. However, the driver page is showing a Qualcomm Atheros. Device manager says the Ethernet is the Qualcomm Atheros.
I have been having wireless network issues on this laptop and want to eliminate the drivers being the issue.

Thanks.

I also have G750JX with Broadcom 802.11ac. and Qualcomm Atheros Ethernet. I am also having problem with this WLAN Card where it disconnect automatically when connected to my Wi-Fi Modem with 802.11b/g. but there are no problem if I connect to 802.11n router. I tried the latest driver for win8/8.1 from ASUS Support site. but the problem still exist.

getjohnalive wrote:
I also have G750JX with Broadcom 802.11ac. and Qualcomm Atheros Ethernet. I am also having problem with this WLAN Card where it disconnect automatically when connected to my Wi-Fi Modem with 802.11b/g. but there are no problem if I connect to 802.11n router. I tried the latest driver for win8/8.1 from ASUS Support site. but the problem still exist.

Good to know someone else is having a similar issue as I am, it probably a bad driver. At home I have the Asus rt-n16 as my AP / router. When I am at home the laptop will disconnect from the AP because it stops broadcasting, that also causes all other devices on the wireless network to drop. I have also seen the laptop drop packets between 3 and 5 times and pick back up again. This causes little to no issue with browsing, but in a game like BF4, it does not like packet loss and will kick me from the server. The AP at home has been flawless until this laptop was on my network. At work it will never drop its connection, packets, or cause the AP to stop broadcasting.

Is this a known issue with Windows 8.1 drivers and certain AP combinations?

Noxzoul wrote:
Good to know someone else is having a similar issue as I am, it probably a bad driver. At home I have the Asus rt-n16 as my AP / router. When I am at home the laptop will disconnect from the AP because it stops broadcasting, that also causes all other devices on the wireless network to drop. I have also seen the laptop drop packets between 3 and 5 times and pick back up again. This causes little to no issue with browsing, but in a game like BF4, it does not like packet loss and will kick me from the server. The AP at home has been flawless until this laptop was on my network. At work it will never drop its connection, packets, or cause the AP to stop broadcasting.

I had this issue in Windows 8 too. so I upgraded to windows8.1, but the issue still exist in win8.1.

Noxzoul wrote:

I think I am having a similar networking problem. I bought the ASUS G750J from Amazon a few days ago. When I use it to connect to my home's wifi, it works for maybe a minute, then loses the connection. AND ALL OTHER devices on my network ALSO lose their connection.

I have updated using the latest drivers on the Asus site ( http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/ASUS_ROG_G750JX/ ) and nothing helps. So far, my laptop is a 10lb doorstop. Very frustrating.

SpaceRook wrote:
I think I am having a similar networking problem. I bought the ASUS G750J from Amazon a few days ago. When I use it to connect to my home's wifi, it works for maybe a minute, then loses the connection. AND ALL OTHER devices on my network ALSO lose their connection.

I have updated using the latest drivers on the Asus site ( http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/ASUS_ROG_G750JX/ ) and nothing helps. So far, my laptop is a 10lb doorstop. Very frustrating.

I bit the bullet and bought a wireless USB adapter at Target. I'm not thrilled to spend an extra $30 and use up a USB port, but so far it seems to work perfectly. It's a good solution for anyone who doesn't want to deal with a return or opening up the laptop to put in a new card.

YORGOS
Level 7
I am also having this same problem, and it's actually the second time.

I bought a G75VW back in April and it always had some problems, until the wireless issue.
Then for a blue screen (claiming there was a hardware problem), 1+ month "being fixed" and reasons I was never told, they offered me the G750J like 2 months ago, and just yesterday I'm having this same wireless problem.

I am really disappointed with Asus, like, really really disappointed.
Expensive laptops that aren't worth a pound of shiet.

Noxzoul
Level 7
I switched my router to a Dlink DIR-655 and it has no issues. I guess I will stop using my Asus router until they lean on Broadcom to fix the drivers.