cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win10 Creators Update (11 april 2017) G752 VY - Issues with Smart Gesture - [solved]

kaltoreth
Level 8
SOLUTION!
Reinstall the software as proposed by Clintlgm! See answer #2 and my confirmation that worked #3.

Ahoy me harties!

The upgrade to the latest windows 10 version (Windows 10 Creators update released 11th og april 2017) Winver.exe = v1703 (OS-Build 15063.14) went smoothly. No issues other than Asus Smart Gesture.
What I mean, is that my touchpad works etc, but some FN+buttons don't work FN+f9 to turn of touchpad for example), and neither does stuff like scrolling up and down on sites with two fingers up and down on the touchpad and other smart gestures on the touchpad.

Im running Asus Smart Gesture v. 4.0.12 which is latest.

Any tips?I 🙂

It's not a deal-breaker - But I use those functions quite a bit so it's and inconvenience. And tbh - That's the only issues I've noticed since upgrade so no biggie.

^The Kal.
Everybody remember where we parked.
-James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.
21 REPLIES 21

Yes well that failed right. so go to MCT and create a new USB Install media. Then start the upgrad from within windows. You should have better luck with it installed that way.

Be ready to reinstall your Nvidia driver, MS Office and several other software rogram will need a repair install. Track Pad, Gestures Asus software will need a reinstall.

After install go to device manager and check the driver are the current good ones. Windows will have installed there generic Native drivers

Install the 378 Nvidia drivers the 381 casused problems with CU
Check you power options, the install will have changed them on you.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

MacLeod
Level 7
New Driver released today!

GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER

Version: 381.89 WHQL
Release Date: 2017.4.25

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 381.89

The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved
in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this
driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.

 [Sniper Elite 3]: The game crashes. [1880113]
 [Notebook][eDP panel]: Blue-screen (code 3B) occurs followe by the Recovery screen
during software unbundling process. [1900432]
 [GeForce GTX 1060]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to driver (Nvlddmkm.sys)
after the system reboots from sleep mode. [1814559]
 GPU idling voltage has increased. [1904229]

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/117914/en-us
There Can Be Only One!