cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 8 Activation

Parham
Level 7
Hello Community!

Before I start, I know there might be other threads already dedicated to my question. But, I checked some of them, including Microsoft Web Site through following given links through control panel, still need help specifically from people who have G750J series.

After opening the boxed notebook, installing process was done and finally asked for activation. Now, I have the message of blocked key number and advised to buy new or try a new key.

I couldn't find a win-key sticker on my machine nor a DVD was in the box.

Machine was enclosed and sealed when I purchased. Yet, a friend told m it might have been opened.

Is there any one else sharing the same incident?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Flea0
Level 10
the key is saved in the bios and it should activate windows automatically, as long as you are installing the version the laptop came with. i didn't have to input anything when first starting the laptop
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

Parham
Level 7
Well, I was expecting the same process. But, it says that my key is blocked.

I went through online activation and that the response.

this must be a mistake did u try to contact Microsoft? it's an OEM key
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3"Full HD 3D Glossy Screen

I replaced my HD with a SSD last week(kept the recovery partition and uefi partition on the old drive just in case) I did not have to enter a KEY but when I went to activate a message stating my key was already in use popped up. Called MS and they activated for me through the automated process.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Parham wrote:
Well, I was expecting the same process. But, it says that my key is blocked.

I went through online activation and that the response.

Hi Parham,

That sounds pretty unusual for a new unit since Win8 activation should be a very easy process and new units shouldn't have blocked keys, so if it is an option, you may just want to talk to your store about it and replace the unit if possible.
There isn't an easy way for you to solve it on your own.

Otherwise, you may want to contact your local ASUS support at this page or even Microsoft if it's any easier (it's possible they may direct you back to ASUS though, but they might also have some information) to see if they can help figure out what is wrong and find a solution.

Good luck!

Hi Albert!

Thanks for the help!
cl-Albert wrote:
Hi Parham,

That sounds pretty unusual for a new unit since Win8 activation should be a very easy process and new units shouldn't have blocked keys, so if it is an option, you may just want to talk to your store about it and replace the unit if possible.
There isn't an easy way for you to solve it on your own.

Otherwise, you may want to contact your local ASUS support at this page or even Microsoft if it's any easier (it's possible they may direct you back to ASUS though, but they might also have some information) to see if they can help figure out what is wrong and find a solution.

Good luck!