cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will they fix this?

rshih
Level 7
So I just received my new G73SW-XA1 today and noticed that there is a yellow discoloration on my screen. I googled this issue and found one other case of the almost identical problem and location. The image below is the one that they posted, but mine is almost identical.

I was just wondering if they can fix this and how long you guys think the RMA process will take? I'm in California, which is where their service center is located, but I really don't want to wait much longer to use my new laptop after waiting nearly 2 weeks for it to arrive at my house.

5 REPLIES 5

ColonelS
Level 9
Hi rshih

I'm afraid you will need to bring it down for them to take a look at it.

Refer to here for additional info ASUS-US-amp-Canada-RMA-Guide
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page

dstrakele
Level 14
I recall a Chastity (ASUS employee) post stating that some service centers DO accept walk-ins (that should speed up your turnaround time), but it is strongly recommended to call first.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
I recall a Chastity (ASUS employee) post stating that some service centers DO accept walk-ins (that should speed up your turnaround time), but it is strongly recommended to call first.

i'm sorry it does not commit so much to the conversation. but i now know that i would rather take the 3-4 hour trip if it saves some time.

but also does this happen often or is it rare?
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

dstrakele
Level 14
The OP with picture is the first time I EVER observed this issue. Is the yellow spot visible if viewed directly rather than from edge-on?

Be sure to call the center and have them confirm if it will save you any time.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Yeah the spot is still viewable when looking at it directly. I didn't notice it at first because the default wallpaper was black but when I opened up Word, I noticed it pretty quickly.

I just UPS-ed to their service center in California, don't have the time to drive up. So hopefully, they fix/replace it and it doesn't take forever.....