cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why i think asus RMA sucks

dunwanted
Level 8
I've had an issue with my laptop ever since i bought it. I've sent the laptop twice for RMA and nothing was fixed, the first time i didn't know what was wrong what i assumed was wrong was actually working perfectly
and the second time i send it i exactly know whats wrong which is the extreme high temps my laptop reaches while in idle, i explain this to them and then send it to RMA for repairs, and when i recieve my laptop
i check the paper work to see what they changed, and they only changed the fan........ they didn't even bother to check anything else and yesterday while in checking old pictures and deleting some of them my laptop shuts down due to overheating LOL

my first gaming laptop ( Asus Rog G751JL) is just a piece of junk that i bought for $1,100 US and spend around $300 US sending it to the us for the RMA (since i do not live in the USA).

Don't know if the RMA suck or i just have bad luck with the laptop i bought and with the RMA.
in the attached picture shows the temp my laptop reached when it shutdown, i was just looking at old pictures and deleting some of them.
25 REPLIES 25

cl-Albert wrote:
Not sure if it will make much difference, but don't see that you've tried to "set the maximum processor state from 100% to 95%" which is different than the sleep, shutdown, hibernate settings, so consider looking into that.
Change it for each power plan that you use, but below is a screenshot to give you a better idea of what's involved and please let me know if anything is unclear.
By the way wondering if you have updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition yet and if it made things better or worse. Run 'winver' from the Windows 10 search bar to see if the version is 1607 for the Anniversary Edition.

If you haven't already and are interested, you may also want to try to talk to ASUS support more about getting more options since you have sent in a couple times before.
Don't forget to mention that video you made about it too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1krLMI_xPgg

just tried chaing maximum processor state to 95% and still same issue, i think what i have is unfixable or very hard to know what exactly is wrong, just waiting an answer from the retailer to see if they can replace my laptop, wish me luck LOL.

Thanks for all the help albert .

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi Gps3dx,

Sorry to hear about that, but I'm located at the U.S. office, so unfortunately, if you're located elsewhere, don't think I'll be able to help much from my end if you didn't already know.
If it's related to the G-sync upgrade, you may also want to check with Bahz or post at the G-sync thread, but not sure how familiar everyone at HQ is with the laws in your country and what kind of help they can provide.
Sounds like you have been in contact with your local ASUS support office, but if you can get the attention of the correct people there, that may be another idea although if parts need to be shipped from overseas, they may not have too much control over that, etc.

We don't have any such laws in the U.S. or California that I'm aware of, but if you have such a law, just wondering if you can take matters into your own hands and contact the local authorities to get it enforced if it's worth the effort.
My other question may be if that law will actually get you what you want. For example could you end up with a refurbished unit and is there any time limit to arrange it, etc.? If you just want to use it to get the attention of the correct people at ASUS though, maybe it can help.

Posting a separate thread with pictures is another idea.

If your notebook actually functions correctly though, consider asking if you can get your notebook back to use and ship it back in when parts arrive if that sounds any better.

cl-Albert wrote:
Posting a separate thread with pictures is another idea.

Hello

This is not only a good idea but is something that needs to be done. Trashing another member's thread with irrelevant posts is not only disrespectful but leads to confusion. Gps3dx, start a new thread if you wish to continue this conversation. Thank you.

cl-Albert
Sorry I haven't been able to help more, but if it ends up going back to our U.S. repair department and you want me to keep an eye on it, feel free to PM me.
Although I can't normally tell RMA what to do, I'll try to help if I can and maybe get you some updates at least.

cl-Albert wrote:
Sorry I haven't been able to help more, but if it ends up going back to our U.S. repair department and you want me to keep an eye on it, feel free to PM me.
Although I can't normally tell RMA what to do, I'll try to help if I can and maybe get you some updates at least.

thanks for everything, you've tried to help me a lot.
i will pm if i send it again, sorry for taking a lot of your time i really appreciate it

cl-Albert
You're welcome and no problem, but yes, would just like to see that problem solved.