cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which is quieter, G75vw or G75vx?

ben02
Level 9
sup guys,
which do you think has quieter fans, vw or vx?

asus seems famous for its quiet cooling so just wondering how they're handling the new vx
i don't have a vx so i can't compare, but some vw's have this weird buzz or hum going on. anyone having this on a vx too?
8 REPLIES 8

whathedo69
Level 8
I have a vw and from what I am experiencing I have to check my vents to feal if any air is coming out of them cause mine is so quiet I mean even at night when my wife is asleep and im gaming with headphones of course I can barely hear any fans even after a couple hours game play I realy never hear any noise coming from my vw its great.
Asus G75VW-DS71
i7-3740qm
Nvidia GTX 660m
16gb ddr3 1866mhz Corsair Vengeance
x2 128gb SSD Vertex 4 Raid 0
Windows 7 Ultimate

Sagi
Level 7
It's the same - No difference at all.

Go for the G75VX and get 670mx instead of 670m or 660m.
The King of the north!

chrsplmr
Level 18
Exactly what I was thinking. Quieter isnt the question, I would think. Better is the flavor of the day.c.

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think vw and vx is same design, just chipset is difference.

Woofyhugger
Level 7
I have the vw and I love it, mine is perfectly quiet. However, if I had the option to buy either (I didn't back then), I would get the vx for the graphics card being an mx.
G750JH-T4074H i7-4700HQ, 32GB, 512GB SSD + 1TB , GTX780M-4GB
G75VW-T1013V
G74SX

ben02
Level 9
i'm just wary about the mx card causing more heat and noise. plus there doesn't seem to be much feedback regarding vx noise. plus Haswell is coming out so soon. ahhh paralysis by analysis

whathedo69
Level 8
My vw has the 660m but its ok because I can always put the 670mx in it I had my cpu upgraded so im not worried about voiding the warranty that's the only difference between the 2 well the os it came with also but I didn't want windows 8 and since im not a heavy gamer well I only play combat arms an online game the 660m is perfect for me and even after hours I mean hours of play my machine is quiet so maybe its just my machine but I love it best purchase I ever made
Asus G75VW-DS71
i7-3740qm
Nvidia GTX 660m
16gb ddr3 1866mhz Corsair Vengeance
x2 128gb SSD Vertex 4 Raid 0
Windows 7 Ultimate

Sagi
Level 7
I have the G75VX and it's quiet as a mouse!

Even after 8-10hours of gaming there hardly any noice.. But obviously once the GPU and CPU is put under pressure, you can't expect it to be quiet?

Anyway, I would not wait around for the Haswell - It might be slightly better than I7 3730QM, but it's going to take some time before it hits the market.

If you are looking to buy a new laptop, then go for the G75VX if your budget allows you to 🙂

Regarding specs.. Make sure it's the 3730QM CPU, the rest depends on your needs tbh - It's pretty straight forward to upgrade the RAM and another SSD / HHD @ the extra bay.

So go for it! 🙂
The King of the north!