cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which G74SX driver will allow me to use hibernate?

Lazer77
Level 7
I had to use 285.62, which is very old, in order for hibernate to work properly. Every other driver I have tried (maybe 4-5 of them) do not allow me to use hibernate, because when the laptop boots back up, the screen remains black and unlit.

Anyone have any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

Lazer77
Level 7
Bump, please help.

Lazer77
Level 7
Could really use some help with this, been getting a lot of graphical glitches on Diablo 3 probably because my driver is so old.

PILGRIM
Level 11
Lazer77, hibernation, I think, isn't good for the G74, for some unknown reasons yet to be revealed..
However, I've tried putting it into "sleep" mode for hours-many times, and no problems so far, when I"ve woken it up.

Have you tried the later nVidia BETA version (e.g. 306.02 version)? I'm currently on this version
(though I'm not a fan of BETA drivers) and all is well, until now.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Unfortunately I usually set it to hibernate and then I unplug the laptop, so sleep mode wouldn't work well with me. Its just a little strange that it doesn't hibernate, I really rely on that. That and if it is asleep, the cooling fan still runs which is a little unnecessary.

I believe I tried the latest one and I still had some troubles, but I think I will give 306.02 a shot in a little bit.