cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy a bottom case for Asus G74 and keyboard question

dabigin
Level 7
Hi,

I recently in December sent in my laptop in for repairs and I when I got it back it worked great. I recently decided to install more memory and my laptop and noticed the black pins securing the wireless network wires was bent. I was curious if there was any way I could recieve a replacement or purchase one to install myself. Also, I was curious if I there was any way I could get my hands on Asus G75 style keyboard for my G74. Upon looking at it the buttons appear to be the same just that the calculator key is a function key instead of a key that is on the number pad part of the keyboard itself.

If anyone from Asus or from the forum could help me I would appreciate it
Dabigin on xbl and psn
Dabigin on stream
Republic of Gamers Laptop owner 2-11-2011
System:
Current System
GL703GE (Powered on 1/3/2019)
Old System
G74SX (Retired 12/20/2018)
6 REPLIES 6

Pitcher1
Level 9
you are able to visit ASUS estore, i saw the website sell KB.

dabigin
Level 7
So you can make the switch and find drivers for the newer keyboard?
Dabigin on xbl and psn
Dabigin on stream
System:
Current System
Old System

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Noticed your message mentioned you wanted to "get my hands on Asus G75 style keyboard for my G75", but it appears you really have the G74Sx model instead of G75 according to your signature.
Anyway, you want to stick to the G74 keyboard for your G74Sx model to avoid any problems, but if someone else has tried it, hopefully they can let us know their experience.
I'm also wondering why you are considering using the G75 keyboard and why you would want to switch?

dabigin wrote:
Hi,

I recently in December sent in my laptop in for repairs and I when I got it back it worked great. I recently decided to install more memory and my laptop and noticed the black pins securing the wireless network wires was bent. I was curious if there was any way I could recieve a replacement or purchase one to install myself. Also, I was curious if I there was any way I could get my hands on Asus G75 style keyboard for my G75. Upon looking at it the buttons appear to be the same just that the calculator key is a function key instead of a key that is on the number pad part of the keyboard itself.

If anyone from Asus or from the forum could help me I would appreciate it

Yes I Apologize I do want a g75 style keyboard in the G74. Reason being I don't want to worry about the calculator popping up when i press buttons on videogames. It shouldn't be that hard just a driver change after I replace the keyboard. The bottom case is what I'm really wanting right now. I used to work as a Laptop tech so I know what I'm doing I just need to be pointed to where I can buy a bottom case so that I can fix the bent plastic securing the wires for the wireless. I'm not upset because I know at times techs do get into a rush and stuff gets bent or broken. Would customer service send me a bottom case if I called?
Dabigin on xbl and psn
Dabigin on stream
System:
Current System
Old System

dabigin
Level 7
Sorry for the wait on the reply. I'm currenty attending college and I am usually very busy. I'm Studying to be a Network Administrator.
Dabigin on xbl and psn
Dabigin on stream
System:
Current System
Old System

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
No problem at all for the delay and feel free to send me a PM if I don't see your post and take too long to reply.
Hope you are enjoying your studies and can share some knowledge with us later if you aren't too busy 🙂 .

Anyway, you may still want to check with customer service or try, but last I heard we don't normally ship or even sell most notebook 'repair' parts since we can't be sure who will be able to replace them safely (nobody wants to take the blame if anything goes wrong) although we normally sell keyboards on eStore at least, but not a lot of other 'repair' parts.
I don't have a G74Sx to check right now and am not sure exactly which part was bent if it matters, but if you can't get the part sent out, you may also want to consider sending it back again while you are still under warranty.
Let us know if you run into any problems though.

Also, I may not be able to help much with this, but I still didn't quite understand the original issue and why you wanted to replace a G75 keyboard to solve it if you want to explain more and try to get more suggestions for this.