cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Does ASUS Support Start for a Laptop that is Sold Without OS or Software?

jdfrench3
Level 12
User purchases a ASUS Laptop in Europe. It is sold without OS or software. There's no recovery partition or eSupport Folder. It's up to the user to install the OS but he has a problem. The graphics driver is not installing properly with Windows 10. Where does he turn for support?

First problem is the model is not listed in the ASUS Download Center, a similar model is listed but not the exact model he has purchased. The similar model listed has a different BIOS that's in the exiting laptop.

Does ASUS have responsibility to make the OS and/or software repairs?

Is the store he purchased the laptop from responsible for OS and/or software repairs?

Why the heck is ASUS not even listing this model?

The user's model is a ASUS ROG Zephyrus G GA532DU, the similar model listed in the ASUS Download Center is ASUS ROG Zephyrus G GA502DU.

Come on Clintlgm, cl-Albert, Gps3dx, what's going on here?

Reminds me about the G752VS, ROG G752VS (7th Gen Intel Core), and ROG G752VS OC Edition (7th Gen Intel Core) mixup. Had to resort to asking folks to identify their models (I use dxdiag.exe) before even starting help.

This user states dxdiag identified his GA532DU as a GA502DU. I asked for copy of the dxdiag file but he refused.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server
10 REPLIES 10

gtx1660Ti_Max-Q
Level 7
the forum owner is Asus but we never see someone from Asus here ?

And if you dare to talk with Asus Tchat : "Oh sorry i can't open an URL" (from my own society)

Does Asus care of their customers ?

i purchased my ROG one Week ago and i'm not sure yet i installed the good drivers...

gtx1660Ti Max-Q Design wrote:
the forum owner is Asus but we never see someone from Asus here ?

Yes, it is a user discussion forum. ASUS offers official support through phone & chat but not here.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist
jdfrench3 wrote:
User purchases a ASUS Laptop in Europe. It is sold without OS or software. There's no recovery partition or eSupport Folder. It's up to the user to install the OS but he has a problem. The graphics driver is not installing properly with Windows 10. Where does he turn for support?

First problem is the model is not listed in the ASUS Download Center, a similar model is listed but not the exact model he has purchased. The similar model listed has a different BIOS that's in the exiting laptop.

Does ASUS have responsibility to make the OS and/or software repairs?

Is the store he purchased the laptop from responsible for OS and/or software repairs?

Why the heck is ASUS not even listing this model?

The user's model is a ASUS ROG Zephyrus G GA532DU, the similar model listed in the ASUS Download Center is ASUS ROG Zephyrus G GA502DU.

Come on Clintlgm, cl-Albert, Gps3dx, what's going on here?

Reminds me about the G752VS, ROG G752VS (7th Gen Intel Core), and ROG G752VS OC Edition (7th Gen Intel Core) mixup. Had to resort to asking folks to identify their models (I use dxdiag.exe) before even starting help.

This user states dxdiag identified his GA532DU as a GA502DU. I asked for copy of the dxdiag file but he refused.

Has the user tried installing a generic driver from Nvidia?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

The user has been working with NVIDIA forums as well. Problems there too. They are waiting for a copy of SPECCY from him.

My best guess is he has a early model, lacking the latest updates found in the eSupport folder. I found a source but he rejected that.

https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/category/60-windows-10?start=10
Homebuilt Windows Server

xeromist
You can lead a horse to water...

Anyway, good luck. Make sure they don't blow past their retailer return window. If there really is a hardware issue that will be the most expedient way to resolve the issue.

the problem is the forum saying opposite things than what the Customer service said (regarding the webpage with my drivers): but if i't normal for you to behave like that with a Customer. ok.

The normal way would be to come in order sort the Truth out instead of leaving people alone with different versions…

I still hope i can lead a horse to water.

I'm not wrong here guy. ASUS should have had a dedicated Download Support Center page setup before release of the GA532DU. ASUS did not and still has not. The DA532DU is still not in the online support catalog and you know that! Certainly I can hope that ASUS support will fix that. It is not the first time that ASUS has done this.

You should be able to go to this page and type in GA532DU and that model name pop up:

https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/

The fact that you had to go to ASUS support how many times to get them to decide what animal you have and what support page they are going to throw at you, proves my point.

Now, that aside, has any successful effort on anybody's behalf fixed your graphics display driver problem?

If not, then you might want to check with the store you bought this laptop from about their return policy.

I think you got an early version model laptop, that since did not come with an OS, was not updated to the latest version firmware before release. The latest version update (version 2.02) on the release notes attached to the driver DVD, dated May 8, 2019, for the GA502DU found on this website, indicate a replacement of [AMD/Chipset] APU 25.20.14132.2002 (AMD configuration file) driver with APU_ROG 25.20.14150.1 (ASUS ROG configuration file). I'm guessing that your laptop never got the version 2.02 firmware update before you bought it. Version 2.01 is dated March 26, 2019 and still running [AMD/Chipset] APU 25.20.14132.2002
and [NVIDIA/Graphic] Graphic_DCH 25.21.14.1971.

https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/category/60-windows-10?start=10

If you don't believe any of that, then download the driver DVD yourself and look at the Release Note File List of GA502DU WIN 10 64 V2.02.xls dated May 9, 2019.

Look, you can continue to berate me, insult me, send me nasty PMs but you have to remember this is a forum of ASUS users. I'm a longtime user of many ASUS products. I've seen many things on this forum, sometimes helpful, sometimes hurtful, and sometimes hateful. I don't represent ASUS, I'm a user with a lot of information, take it anyway you want.

Good Luck
Homebuilt Windows Server

Remember, you are not in my situation: normal to think you were a troll at first (as ASUS customer service said opposite things as you) and it's only a result of this ****ING SITUATION: Blame ASUS first=> i told them 50 times to come here.

Receiving so many opposite diagnostics is like a form of harassment for the customer..

Such a situation Is ****ing violent.

I may watch the DVD.

Thanks for the infos.

A New diagnostic from ASUS, what a surprise

Hilarious, i just received a mail to inform me the good link is :
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Zephyrus-M-GU502/HelpDesk_Download/

while yesterday they said that the GA502 page was the good one.... https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Zephyrus-G-GA502/HelpDesk_Download/

Once again, WTF ASUS!!!!

Are you kidding me??!!!

this is trully pathetic.