cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, Don't I Feel Like A Bonehead...

SHADO
Level 9
I've had my G75 since the first of May, and have been nothing but impressed with it (except for the speakers). But the appearance of the touchpad has always annoyed me. It just didn't look quite "right" to me. So over the last couple of days, I've watched about 20 unboxings/reviews of the G75 on You Tube. And everyone else's touchpad seemed to look as crappy as mine, until I watched the last one. It made mention of the fact that there was a protective layer of plastic on the touchpad that could be removed. So I wrestled with it trying to get ahold of a corner so I could peel it off. For a minute I thought the guy was mistaken. But I finally got ahold of it, and sure enough, it was meant to be removed! Loving the look of my "new" touchpad now. But I sure feel like an idiot, LOL...
ASUS G75VW
i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
GTX 660M (2GB)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
2TB HDD
Blu-ray Writer (Pana. UJ-260)
23 REPLIES 23

mehdi_moha
Level 8
oOOOOOOkay 😄

do you know how can remove "matt" lcd-protective laye ?
i think that is good for anti-reflex , but without that my LCD will be brighter and clearer .

mehdi.moha wrote:
oOOOOOOkay 😄

do you know how can remove "matt" lcd-protective laye ?
i think that is good for anti-reflex , but without that my LCD will be brighter and clearer .

I have no clue how to remove the matte layer from the display, or if it is even possible. I would assume it would require disassembly of the lid/bezel from the display, for starters.

I think you should start a new thread asking that question. It would probably get more attention that way. 🙂
ASUS G75VW
i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
GTX 660M (2GB)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
2TB HDD

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
WOW!! And I also thought it could be removen when i first bought my G75VW as something just didn't feel right about the trackpad, I tried to remove it a bit but I was afraid I would actually damage my trackpad...

so are you sure you can remove it and the trackpad would look ok?

mind to take a pic and post it of how yours looks now?
ASUS G75VW-T1086V
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LAT-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus 5400 RPM HDD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen

Matrix Leader wrote:
WOW!! And I also thought it could be removen when i first bought my G75VW as something just didn't feel right about the trackpad, I tried to remove it a bit but I was afraid I would actually damage my trackpad...

so are you sure you can remove it and the trackpad would look ok?

mind to take a pic and post it of how yours looks now?

TRUST ME. It comes off, and the touchpad looks GREAT!!

EDIT: Trackpad. In addition to not being a photographer, I'm terrible with nomenclature, too.
ASUS G75VW
i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
GTX 660M (2GB)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
2TB HDD

SHADO
Level 9
I'm not a photographer, LOL.

ASUS G75VW
i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
GTX 660M (2GB)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
2TB HDD

I guess now I know why my trackpad always seemed NOT responsive compared to other laptops I play with
ASUS G75VW-T1086V
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LAT-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus 5400 RPM HDD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen

Matrix Leader wrote:
I guess now I know why my trackpad always seemed NOT responsive compared to other laptops I play with

Good to see that I'm not the only bonehead, LOL... 😉
ASUS G75VW
i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
GTX 660M (2GB)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
2TB HDD

+1 here lol... The bonehead count is rising!

As others said, didn't feel right, but also seemed very tight to remove and with no space to insert your finger/tool to remove it. I used a thin needle at the bottom left corner and off it came... wow...

Make this thread sticky!

mynewrog wrote:
+1 here lol... The bonehead count is rising!

As others said, didn't feel right, but also seemed very tight to remove and with no space to insert your finger/tool to remove it. I used a thin needle at the bottom left corner and off it came... wow...

Make this thread sticky!

My thoughts exactly! I FIGURED it should be removable, but as there was no tab to grab onto (like the one on the plastic covering the webcam), I just figured I was wrong. Also, my 5 year old Toshiba laptop had protective plastic covering the trackpad, but had a little tab sticking up so you knew to remove it.

I ended up using a needle to get mine started too, after trying to use a fingernail with no luck. Now that I think about it, a piece of scotch or masking tape applied to the corner might work also. 🙂
ASUS G75VW
i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
GTX 660M (2GB)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
2TB HDD