cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird noise coming from right side of laptop when gaming (g751jy)

defiance
Level 7
Hey all,

I am very happy with this laptop, but there is something that is bothering me. Sometimes when I play games especially fallout 4 I can hear this screeching noise coming from the right side of the laptop. The noise isn't loud I have to lean in and listen and it only starts when I am gaming and stops suddenly when I close the game. What is this sound and should I be worried?
2 REPLIES 2

Ancients
Level 10
I had the same thing happen to me and it turned into a real pain. I got a G751JY and it was fantastic in every way for a week or two before I started hearing this faint ticking noise coming from the right side of the laptop while the system was under load and the fans were spinning at higher RPMs. When I stopped playing a game the sound went away. Over time the sound got louder and eventually was present even when the laptop wasn't under load. For me it was a bad bearing in the fan and I had to RMA the laptop to get it repaired. When I got it back from the RMA the noise was gone and the laptop was working great for a few days...until the ticking sound started again in the replacement fan. I returned it after that 😕

nab
Level 11
Probably a fan issues, try to contact Asus support for replacement.
Or what you can do if the problem persist is to add a cooling stand that can help the heat dissipation
There is some good and some bad, not sure which one I can't recommend you but it can also help your back straight