cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water/sweat at the right side of trackpad. Help!

keiiiii
Level 7

Hey guys. I don't know if others have this problem but I'm those people with sweaty hands and when I game my hands sweat even more. Because I rest my left hand on top of the WASD keys most of the time, I think some of my sweat may have gotten into the trackpad after using this laptop for a week. It's the black spot on the left in the picture. Now if I try to use the trackpad and move my finger to the darken spot there it would not work. I'm wondering if I leave it be will it dry out by itself and be okay? What should I do? 😕
6 REPLIES 6

Lazore
Level 7
You need to take the thin plastic piece on the trackpad off, its just a protector.
It might look like water or whatever, but its just an airbubble under the plastic

Apexing
Level 9
^^
what he said.
thin plastic foil.

rewben
Level 13
actually you should remove the plastic cover 🙂 i still have the plastic cover, because i seldom use the touchpad.

keiiiii
Level 7
Oh! Haha I did not know it was a plastic piece I'm supposed to take off. Now I feel stupid. Thanks guys! 😄

chrsplmr
Level 18
On the contrary .. now you are enlightened .. and maybe a few others that didnt know that, also now know..
I say ..... cudos .. well played.

"Stupid" would of been not to have asked ...

Welcome to ROG.c.

rewben
Level 13
@chrsplmr, true 🙂 so true.