cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to repaste my ROG G752VS-GC310T

omeggga
Level 8
I've heard a few horror stories on how difficult it is https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81931-G752VT-CPU-reaching-100-C-after-re-paste-!

I'm here with 2021 hindsight and a community 5 years older. My paste is 4 years old, it must be replaced. Is repasting truly as difficult as the post says?
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
The last poster who bent things and used shims may have had a faulty unit. I don't have that laptop but I can't say I've heard anyone else going to those lengths.

It's possible that if the heatsink is making poor contact the first poster may have used too little paste to fill the voids. Hence higher temps. After installing a heatsink you can immediately pull it back off to see if there are areas making poor contact. That might save you some time.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Clintlgm
Level 14
omeggga wrote:
I've heard a few horror stories on how difficult it is https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81931-G752VT-CPU-reaching-100-C-after-re-paste-!

I'm here with 2021 hindsight and a community 5 years older. My paste is 4 years old, it must be replaced. Is repasting truly as difficult as the post says?

If you are referring to the post by Dreamonic, he spent a lot of time on that not sure it would be required on every G752! If your original paste worked good for you all these years there is every chance that a repaste using quality paste will last you the lifetime of a G752.
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut seems to be the go to for notebooks now days.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

BigJohnny
Level 13
Other than the meticulous tear down that gets easier every time you do it (ive had lots of practice) this isnt an overly difficult task.
I did my G752V?Y not long ago and the longest step was the few fingers of 18YO scotch afterwards. You shouldn't have to bend or shim anything unless you screwed it up taking it apart. There's probably a dozen tear down videos on you tube for every laptop ever made. Start there, watch more than one to get an idea of what you are getting into. The hardest part is keeping the screws etc organized so you know where things go back. My actual labor time on my G752VY repaste was about 20 minutes but I've had practice tearing it down to do other things like adding ram to the non accessible area, replacing the WiFi half PCIE card and the real PITA when I had to tear it down to get to the CMOS battery.

The post you linked made a mountain out of a mole hill.
+1 on the Kryonaut. My go to paste for everything.

BigJohnny wrote:
Other than the meticulous tear down that gets easier every time you do it (ive had lots of practice) this isnt an overly difficult task.
I did my G752V?Y not long ago and the longest step was the few fingers of 18YO scotch afterwards. You shouldn't have to bend or shim anything unless you screwed it up taking it apart. There's probably a dozen tear down videos on you tube for every laptop ever made. Start there, watch more than one to get an idea of what you are getting into. The hardest part is keeping the screws etc organized so you know where things go back. My actual labor time on my G752VY repaste was about 20 minutes but I've had practice tearing it down to do other things like adding ram to the non accessible area, replacing the WiFi half PCIE card and the real PITA when I had to tear it down to get to the CMOS battery.

The post you linked made a mountain out of a mole hill.
+1 on the Kryonaut. My go to paste for everything.

Ended up using Arctis MX-5...