Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB controller/host issue

Mikael_P_
Level 9
Hello board,
(I'm on a G74SX w7-64)
while trying to solve connectivity issues with my usb 3 connected HD I have apparently created more problems for myself.
I was following another thread on this board where they had suggestions for getting USB3 to behave properly. They were saying to uninstall anything that had a host or controller after it under:
Device Manager >> Universal serial Bus controllers

Hapily I went along but now I get errors from something calling itself:
Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26
there's another one with a 1C2D at the end too.

I've found the chipset drivers at intel's site but for some reason windows does not like it as I get this error message:
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I've tried different versions of uninstalling/restarting/windows update/forcing it to look in a specified folder for updated drivers/etc

Now however I'm out of options. I don't really know what to try next. Anyone out there that has any ideas?
Thanks a lot for the help!

Mikael
12 REPLIES 12

Mikael_P_
Level 9
ah. I see. Thanks for the heads up. But as it works now I don't really need another driver. Thanks anyway!

dstrakele
Level 14
You've gotta go with what works. Who would've thought such an outdated driver would be the solution? I have to wonder what's going on with Fresco Logic Quality Assurance testing. The WD USB drives represent a significant market share of the products the driver supports and the disconnection issue appears to be quite widespread. It's hard to see how it could slip through Q/A....
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Mikael_P_
Level 9
Indeed. Especially as so many seem affected!