cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - power issue

Retired
Not applicable
Hey guys,

I'm in a very bad position at the moment. I was using my notebook on AC without the battery doing my uni assessments when all of a sudden my G73JH-X3 just powers off instantly. I tried all sorts of things with the AC such as plugging it into another socket etc etc and still didn't respond.

I decided to use the battery which was still wrapped in plastic so I'm assuming it wasn't charged but that didn't end up working anyways.

I've only recently purchased this notebook and I have no idea why it won't power on. Please any guidance is welcomed 😞

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Retired
Not applicable
Henreh, if he AC adaptor works, the led should be lit when plugged in. Does anything on the laptop come on when you try to power up> If not remove AC and battery, then hold the power on switch for about 20 seconds.
IF this does not help, use a paper clip and hold the reset button on the bottom of the machine for about 20 seconds. Let up know if this helps.
Also if you have express gate installed power on the computer with the twin turbo (upper left middle button) to see if express gate loads.

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for the fast reply. When I plug the AC into the power socket, the LED lights up. I'll try your method but I'll best explain what happened right before it shut down. I had some earphones that I was going to plug into the headphone section and just as I put it in that's when it shut down. I wasn't sure if I was hearing things but I swear I heard like some sort of noise as I put that in just as it closed.

Tried the 3 methods and still the same 😞

What happens is that the lights on the 4 buttons (screen light display, twin turbo, that S button and the power button) only light up for half a second after attempting to turn on the power. This yields the same result if I use the battery by itself.

Retired
Not applicable
Glad to try to help, I know how frustrating these machines can be. If none of my suggestions help, you may have sent a static charge into your earphone jack (just guessing, I hope I am wrong about this). Have you already signed up for the 1 year accidental damage warranty?

Retired
Not applicable
Yes it's possible that that is what possibly happened. If I wasn't dreaming what I heard, as I put the earphone into the socket I heard a 'tick' noise which I'm assuming is a static charge. I don't have warranty on it so roughly how much will it cost to repair? I live in Australia unfortunately 😞