cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help needed windows 8 clean

Arvinaaaaa
Level 7
guys, I need some help..when I bought my g55,it was in windows 7..then upgraded it to windows 8..after receiving it back from the asus service center due to rma, then reformatted it back to the windows 7 default settings with 2 partitions..then I tried to upgrade back to windows 8 by the windows upgrade assistant and it was a SUCCESS..my problem is, all the windows 7 files are still in the hdd, including the recovery partition and the 2 partitions..i want to merge all into 1 partition,format the whole hdd and reinstall windows 8 clean again without the old windows 7 files and the recovery partition...so how do I make it happen because I cant access the bios during startup in windows 8..please do help me as this is urgent, thanks

ps.if I burn the windows 8 iso in a dvd, does it provide a hdd options? and how do I boot from dvd?#

please help me, thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Draugrs
Level 7
Press and hold down the F2 key when you hit the power button on the laptop. Do not continually press the F2 just hold it down as you power on. You should now be in the BIOS. I hope that does the trick for you. Good luck!
"It's all 'bits' and 'nibbles' until it turns into a 'Byte'"...Me
"Those who know, do. Those who understand, teach"...Aristotle

Desktop: i7 8700K, ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming, 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB CL14 DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founder's Edition, Samsung 960 Pro M2 512GB NVMe, Samsung 960 EVO M2 1TB NVMe, and Win 10 Pro
Laptop: [ASUS G752VS OC] i7 6820K, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB NVMe, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, and Win 10 Pro

Draugrs wrote:
Press and hold down the F2 key when you hit the power button on the laptop. Do not continually press the F2 just hold it down as you power on. You should now be in the BIOS. I hope that does the trick for you. Good luck!

does installing windows 8 from usb enables hdd options? because installing windows 8 from windows 7 does not have hdd options, thanks

Apexing
Level 9
yes it makes it as if you are booting from a dvd,
it will let you format all the hdds and install from new.

rewben
Level 13
here are the steps to initialize a fresh install using usb stick on a w8. as for dvd install, it's the same thing: spam esc key to select uefi:dvd.rom.

good luck.

Arvinaaaaa
Level 7
thanks bro, problem solved..but i have another problem http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29744-g55vw-battery-not-charging-help-urgent&country=&statu...
somebody please help

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think it is able to delete recovery partition, and find 3th part utility to change back to one, but i suggest you ghost your HDD first when you are doing.