cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade g75vw to g750

gammite
Level 7
after a fair bit of research in this forum I can't find a thread that discusses this.

does anyone think that it is worth it? my g75 is only six months old and does what I need it to. I still have my g73sw because I haven't gotten around to selling it yet. but it was definitely worth it to upgrade from the g73 to the g75.

any thoughts on upgrading from a g75 to a g750?
3 REPLIES 3

Shawnnepc
Level 13
gammite wrote:
after a fair bit of research in this forum I can't find a thread that discusses this.

does anyone think that it is worth it? my g75 is only six months old and does what I need it to. I still have my g73sw because I haven't gotten around to selling it yet. but it was definitely worth it to upgrade from the g73 to the g75.

any thoughts on upgrading from a g75 to a g750?

Which model G75 do you have?

The upcoming G750JH will have a GTX 780m which would be a significant upgrade.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

StereoROG
Level 7
CPU performance is the same and maybe in some benchmarks less performing as Intel Dude said.

I've seen similarity in many website but Intel Dude is right Haswell is focusing more on less power consumption more than pushing for performance but from another point of you games are more and more focusing on graphics processing more than putting the load on CPU coz generally speaking not all games will use all the cores you have, but i could be wrong here.

So the only difference is with the GPU if ur targeting the GTX770m and the GTX780m then yes u will find the upgrade worthwhile and with some OC u will get a fair amount of performance

I have the G75VW with GTX 670m and it serves me well until now i have it since septembre 2012 with some OC it gives me good performance for current gen games and maybe for games released in the future hoping that Nvidia keeps us happy with good drivers.

If your a guy who wants to crank everything to max , ultra all the time and you have the money than by all means go for it 770m and 780m are the way to go.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks

djizle
Level 7
hello i also kinda had this question i saw Asus GTX780M's for there newer G series laptop and the cards are ver similar in shap with a few minor changes, but pretty much all but one screw hole still line up so if i installed this in my g75vw would it be detected properly and work or would some type of BIOS mod or something need to be done for it to work?