cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Crisis

solarwinggx
Level 7
So one day my touchpad stopped working, so naturally i went to the asus website to download the touch pad drivers and voila, it worked.
so i thought to my self, hey i should just update everything while im here
So i do that, and sure enough, my USB wireless mouse and keyboard dont work anymore (its not the mouse/keyboard's problem, i have another computer i tried it on and it worked absolutely fine.
My webcam also doesnt work too.

I dont have a system restore point saved on my windows, can someone please help me??
thanks!
16 REPLIES 16

solarwinggx
Level 7
thats for the jm, i have the jw

solarwinggx wrote:
thats for the jm, i have the jw

solarwinggx, I guess I moved a bit too fast. Let me preface my original response with a little explanation.

Asus doesn't always update older product support areas with driver updates. Over time the support area for your specific model of laptop will age, and not get updated - which you have now found.

The way to get updated drivers for your specific laptop model over time, is to follow the releases of new models in the same laptop family that you purchased. You can also open the field a bit wider and look at new motherboards, and other lines of new laptops that use the same components. The same audio chipset, the same wifi card, the same ethernet chipset, etc.

The G750JW model has been replaced, and the new model is the G750JM. The JX has become the JS, and the JH has become the JZ. The new models have different Nvidia GPU models, but everything else in the laptop - for the most part - is the same.

So to get the latest Windows 8.1 drivers, you can't go to the G750JW download area, you have to go to the newer model, the G750JM, JS, and JZ to get the latest drivers.

Over time, those download areas won't get updated, and you will need to seek out the newer G750xx models, or even a new line of laptops that still integrate the same components. ROG laptops, the G series, have used the Realtek Audio for many years, so that component gets new part numbers, but use the same driver release.

Does that help put using new laptop support areas in perspective for you?

solarwinggx
Level 7
i have a jw, not a jm

solarwinggx wrote:
i have a jw, not a jm

I acknowledge you have a jw, and not a jm.

You can't get the latest Windows 8.1 drivers from the jw download area.

You have to go to the newer version of the jw, and that is the jm (or the js, or the jz)

The model name has changed, but the hardware is the same. Asus posted new Windows 8.1 drivers for the same hardware as you have in the jw, but posted it in the jm support area.

Read what I posted a few times again, and I think you will get it. 🙂

Hitchy
Level 7
lol i don't think he WANTS to get it 🙂

Solarwingxx listen to hmscott , there s absolutely no risk in taking the latest drivers for your JW from the JM area. I also have the JW model and have no problem taking the latest drivers from there!

solarwinggx
Level 7
hey sorry, my last response to you was cause of lag, i was responding to the picture i saw.
when i read what u wrote (super helpful!! :D) , i tried to edit it and say i get what ur saying, but i guess it never got through

i didnt mean anything ill mannered 😞
i still love you

solarwinggx wrote:
hey sorry, my last response to you was cause of lag, i was responding to the picture i saw.
when i read what u wrote (super helpful!! :D) , i tried to edit it and say i get what ur saying, but i guess it never got through

i didnt mean anything ill mannered 😞
i still love you

solarwinggx, hey man, we love you too 🙂

Have fun with your JW!

Please come back and ask more questions if you have them, and answer a few too, if you feel it.