cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Bypass Battery Warning While Updating BIOS ROG G751JT - solved

dyduty
Level 7
Hello all!:cool::cool::cool:

I have a 4+ year old veteran here, however the laptop still has above average performance, although it's a 2014 model:

ASUS ROG G751JT
Intel Core i7-4720HQ
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970m
120 GB SATA SSD
1 TB HDD

I have made a research on compatibility with NVME SSDs, and I have opened my laptop to confirm that I have the required PCIe slot (from what I know some G751s do not come with PCIe), and I do!

So far so good, however I have never flashed the BIOS, so it's currently with the version the laptop was shipped with - 210. To support NVME SSD, the BIOS needs to be updated to 211 and above.

I have tried to upgrade it with WinFlash, downloaded from ASUS (tried both 211 and latest 213) and through the embedded in the BIOS EasyFlash with no luck. As my battery is dead (0% not erroring, not charging) the update wouldn't go through. :(:(:(

According to my research, once I see the blue screen alert, advising the update would not continue due to the battery level being below 20%, I need to type "risky" using my keyboard. I saw videos of it working, on all sorts of ASUS laptops (ROG and non-gaming), however there's no reaction in my case whatsoever.
I have tried to reset the BIOS to default settings, multiple restarts, etc., however the situation remains the same. As instructed I put the BIOS files in a FAT32 formatted flashdrive.

Would anyone know another way to bypass the error?

I hope I provided all details needed.

If you're reading this - thank you for getting to the bottom to this awfully long thread, concerning just a stupid battery error. Any input is greatly appreciated!!!:o
11 REPLIES 11

This worked like a charm for my X515ea. 👍😊

marcelbrown
Level 7

I just updated a G751JT from 211 to 213. Turns out I had to type yksir (which is risky backwards). Saw that on another post around here.