cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To those with G75 subwoofers producing the full range of sound, not Low Freq.

X-ROG
Level 15
Please sound off so I can count you. Sorry for so many threads, it's difficult to see how many when there are many discussions of varying fixed stages in the other sound threads.

Please answer me this quickly:

1) Which drivers: 10200/10400/10500b.
2) Did you full remove the old VIA HD Audio Deck and restart before updating them? (Yes/No). If not - can you do so again to try as the software won't update properly if it's not a clean install.
62 REPLIES 62

Hi All just wondering if some one could post a link for me to the new driver 10500b ive looked on the forum and on Google but I keep having to download all the device managers that get me no ware. If you could help this would be great

Regards All :cool:

BNERVS wrote:
Hi All just wondering if some one could post a link for me to the new driver 10500b ive looked on the forum and on Google but I keep having to download all the device managers that get me no ware. If you could help this would be great

Regards All :cool:

for me, the beta drivers were about the same as the 10400 drivers, but if you still want to try the beta, I was able to find it by googling "via_audio_10500B.zip"
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

I am having the same issue with a g75 I purchased a week ago. Full sound is coming from the subwoofer and sounds terrible. I have the 10200 driver installed.

rbh1963 wrote:
I am having the same issue with a g75 I purchased a week ago. Full sound is coming from the subwoofer and sounds terrible. I have the 10200 driver installed.

update to the 10400 driver. You will want to uninstall your current drivers first. You may also want to use a driver sweeping utility as well to remove any left over files. Once you install the 10400 driver ONLY use the VIA HD Audio Deck. Do not use Windows audio configs to make any changes to the speaker settings as they do not mesh well with the Via settings.

Select Expert mode and then select the speaker icon to access speaker settings. You can then select 2.1 channels and Loudness equalization. The drivers still treat the subwoofer as a center channel and the back speakers are still lower (not that loud) but overall the sound is much better.

On the Search section type "Manage Audio Devices".

Double Click on the Speakers.

A dialog box will open. Select the Levels Tab.

Turn the Monobass Volume to 0.

Congrlatulations you just disabled your subwoofer.

armor_zero wrote:
On the Search section type "Manage Audio Devices".

Double Click on the Speakers.

A dialog box will open. Select the Levels Tab.

Turn the Monobass Volume to 0.

Congrlatulations you just disabled your subwoofer.

Now it sounds like tiny mice playing instruments instead of full sized humans 😄

MarshallR@ASUS we're a ASUS reseller and all the G75 units we have sold have this issue. We've notified our customers of this issue and have suggested trying the updated drivers.

I've attempted to resolve this issue on our demo units in store but no combination of drivers has resolved this issue.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

1 ) Tried them all, even the beta of via 1005b , None worked : The sound is badely mixed

2) each time/Uninstall >>>reboot >>> install >>>> reboot >>>> check

3)I had the "plug headphones and sound still comming from sub" with the OEM install . But because i've done a fresh install the same day , no more issue with that

4)Sound is quite low . Lets say that a G73 at max sound is 20%,30% louder . Using windows generic sound driver boost speakers significately , but loses all sub and LFE sounds

Here is my detailed testing results (this reminds me of the write-ups from science lab...):

Beginning system status:
10200 with 10400 installed over it. Uninstalled and rebooted, so no drivers currently.

Speaker Testing Method:
www.wooferbasstest.com/left-and-right-channel-verification-audio-systems/sound-effects.html
www.wooferbasstest.com/play-download-bass-test-bit-192-kbps-cbr-ultimate-hardstyle-rock-the-sure-sho...
Testing with and without headphones in.

Results - Basic windows drivers:
Without Headphones: only left and right channel audible; individual channels are not adjustable. subwoofer does not engage.

With Headphones
: sound from speakers disengages upon insertion of headphones. no sound from subwoofer.

Results - Installed 10200 drivers, Rebooted system:
Without Headphones: Base VIA Audio Deck L&R channel volumes are set to 74 and LFE is set to 84. LFE slider does not scale to main volume control. Subwoofer outputs full-range sound when when verifying left and right channel. Reducing LFE slider to 10 is more acceptable but when you put your ear to the speaker, you can still hear full range of audio. Conversely reducing L&R channel slider to 1 results in full-range sound coming out of subwoofer.

With Headphones
: Base VIA Audio Deck L&R channel volumes are set to 74 and LFE is set to 84. Inserting headphones into jack routes all sound to headphones appropriately.

Results - Uninstalled 10200, Rebooted system, Installed 10400 drivers and Rebooted system:
Without Headphones: Base VIA Audio Deck L&R channel volumes are set to 74 and LFE is set to 84. LFE slider does scale to main volume control. Subwoofer outputs full-range sound when when verifying left and right channel. Reducing LFE slider to 10 is more acceptable but when you put your ear to the speaker, you can still hear full range of audio. Conversely reducing L&R channel slider to 1 results in full-range sound coming out of subwoofer.

With Headphones
: Base VIA Audio Deck L&R channel volumes are set to 74 and LFE is set to 84. Inserting headphones into jack routes all sound to headphones appropriately. Oddly enough VIA Audio Deck 10400 installation this time around does not have a separate Headphones tab.

Results - Uninstalled 10400, Rebooted system, Installed 10500b drivers and Rebooted system:
Without Headphones: Base VIA Audio Deck L&R channel volumes are set to 74 and LFE is set to 84. LFE slider does scale to main volume control. Subwoofer outputs full-range sound when when verifying left and right channel. Reducing LFE slider to 10 is more acceptable but when you put your ear to the speaker, you can still hear full range of audio. Conversely reducing L&R channel slider to 1 results in full-range sound coming out of subwoofer.

With Headphones
: Base VIA Audio Deck L&R channel volumes are set to 74 and LFE is set to 84. Inserting headphones into jack routes all sound to headphones appropriately. Oddly enough VIA Audio Deck 10500b installation this time around does not have a separate Headphones tab.

Bottom Line:
This time around I did not see the Headphones tab like I did on previous testing once the beta drivers were released.
At least on my system, I did not notice a difference between 10400 and 10500b.
The only improvements I can see from 10200 to 10400/10500b is that the LFE slider scales with the main volume control.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

still using 10200 and have not done any changes to the drivers as I'm waiting for the offical fix.