cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for a new Asus 14" Gaming Laptop

dclanz
Level 10
Hi all, it's been quite some time since my last post! Since the Asus G46 took gamers by storm a few years ago, 14" gaming laptops appear to be the norm. I myself had a G46 which has since passed to my uncle and now I own a Razer Blade. IMO the blade is a great gaming laptop/ultrabook for its class but it's time for ROG to set the record straight. As such, I'm inquiring if there is a new G47 (just a guess as to the new name) series in the making? If not, I have a few suggestions and I'm sure others would like to add:

• Screen: 1600x900 or higher, matte & anti-glare. IPS is also nice, but it is up to the dev team.
  • Form Factor: Thin and light like the new G551 series
  • Processor: i5 and i7 varieties
  • Memory: 8GB and 16GB
  • Storage: 1TB HDD or 256/512GB SSD
  • Optical drive: I'm against having any as the original G46 had none.
  • Ports: 1x HDMI, 3x USB 3.0, 1x Ethernet, 1x Audio port & 1x Microphone port (or a combo port). 1x Kensington lock, 1x card Reader port
  • GPU: What is possible for this form factor? Can we get a Geforce 800m or 900m series in there? Optimus technology needed.
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro. I'll explain: nowadays a majority of gamers used their laptops at college or work and have to connect to domains. I know I'd pay the difference.
  • Cooling: I can wish for the same cooling given to the G46 but that may only be possible with the same design, I'll let you guys decide on that.
  • Battery Life: I may be pushing it here, but if we can get at least 6 hours on minimal usage (laptop dimmed, power saver mode with wifi off crunching excel sheets) that would be nice. 🙂
  • AC Adapter: Nice and small please!
  • Extras: Again, the design of the G551 is really awesome especially with the new red logo. Backlit keys are a must and like the G46 you can sacrifice the numeric keys on the right and keep the chiclet appearance. I am not fond of internal batteries, they are often difficult to replace although they make the unit much sleeker. If the battery is going to be internal, please make it easy to replace and easily available for purchase. Same for RAM and HDD/SSD. Almost forgot Bluetooth 4.0 and an Intel wifi card.

Just my thoughts. 🙂
0 REPLIES 0