cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The witcher III on the G751JT, what can I run it at?

XOIIO
Level 7
Hello all, been a while since I was here, want to check in before a windows 10 upgrade to see if there are issues (Seems there might be) but also wondering to anyone who has the G751JT, how well does the witcher III run? All of the specs for this game are exceeded, except for the CPU, however I think that canyourunit is tailored to desktop computers, it only detected 2.5ghz but the CPU clock can go up to just under 3.3ghz I believe (been a while since I looked into it so going off CoreTemp).

How does the game run for you, what sort of FPS at what settings? I'm also curious if shadowplay has no effect on this game's fps when recording.
4 REPLIES 4

bomabomaboma
Level 7
XOIIO wrote:
Hello all, been a while since I was here, want to check in before a windows 10 upgrade to see if there are issues (Seems there might be) but also wondering to anyone who has the G751JT, how well does the witcher III run? All of the specs for this game are exceeded, except for the CPU, however I think that canyourunit is tailored to desktop computers, it only detected 2.5ghz but the CPU clock can go up to just under 3.3ghz I believe (been a while since I looked into it so going off CoreTemp).

How does the game run for you, what sort of FPS at what settings? I'm also curious if shadowplay has no effect on this game's fps when recording.

YES! Using these settings, you can expect 55-60fps on 1600x900 and 45-50fps at 1920x1080:

Love Witcher 3 and I love my JT.

bomabomaboma
Level 7
Also, addressing your thoughts about consistence CPU clock performance:

If I use a combination of ThrottleStop and "NoteBook FanControl" I can get my JT to stay at 3.5 - 3.6Ghz. This method doesn't use overclocking. Indeed, all it does is maximize the multipliers to their capabilities and keep the fan running to stop the temperatures from hitting ASUS Throttlesville, where everything goes to hell.

Word of caution though, only use the 100% fan trick when you're gaming. It shortens the life expectancy of the fan.

Just peeked into the power options and yeah I totally missed this. I bet upping that percentage might help a bit.

Edit: did make a bit of a difference but you still drop from 60 to 30 or so, not quite as rude of an interruption as before but still not great. Something that was pretty much seamless and tied to the power plan would be great, just don't know if that's possible.

XOIIO
Level 7
Ah, alright, that would be handy but I would prefer something a bit more streamlined, so that if my plug pops out while gaming I don't start lagging to heck until I can panic to get it back in.

And cool, seems like pretty good graphics settings, lots of ultra, that's what I like to see, I guess hair details are where I'll miss out, and it does make sense that those wouldbe the settings that really eat up performance. 40-50fps at 1080p is fine by me, I'm used to 30 (or, if we are talking world of tanks which I used to play like crazy, 25 at best. funny thing is now that I could play it maxed out I haven't touched it lol)

High foliage quality will be great, that's what kills GTA5, which is a shame, this game with anything but ultra would probably not look as good. I've just watched a bit of gameplay and am totally new to the series but it looks fantastic.