cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targus XL + G74Sx + SF-19: Making a Video review.. :)

Br4nd3n
Level 9
I just bought the Targus XL hoping that it will comfortably fit my Cooler Master SF-19 Strike Force cooling pad and my Asus G74SX-A1.

Seeing as there isn't ANY video reviews online concerning a carrying case/bag and the G74Sx I am deciding to make one once the backpack arrives, so the community here can see how good the bag actually is without having to rely on silly written reviews.

The bag should be here within the next 2-3 days, so expect one then or shortly after. :cool:
| Asus G74Sx-A1 | GeForce GTX 560m 3gb GDDR5 |
| 16Gb 1333Mhz DDR3 Ram | 2630QM I7-Quad Core |
| BluRay + Bluetooth | 2x 750gb Sata HDD Drives |
14 REPLIES 14

grungeboy2
Level 10
that targus messenger xl bag is pretty sweet, but i think he was talking about the backpack.

i've been suggesting thinkgeek's bag of holding as well, but i think you'd need to get like a laptop sleeve to put down in it.

Wrstlr316
Level 7
Yea I went ahead and picked up the Targus Messenger XL Bag, I looked at the backpacks however to me in my opinion they looked a little "light" to be of much protection. I am sure I am wrong and they are a great case but to me I just wanted something a little "thicker". Plus I kind of like the fact of being able to see whats going on with my bag, as apposed to when it's on my back and I have no idea whats going on with it if I am in a crowded area (Subway, Elevator, Etc.).
Current Laptop: ASUS G74SX-BBK7 😄

Previous Laptop: ASUS G72GX-RBBX05 :mad:
(Still own it, but it has the annoying whitescreen flicker due to poor LCD cable placement problem)

grungeboy2
Level 10
how well does the g74 fit it?

Wrstlr316
Level 7
IMHO it fits great, the guy at Best Buy kind of looked at me funny when I took the bag up to the display version of the G74 and asked him if I could use it a second, but then chuckled after I told him why. He said "Well, it fits up to 17" screens" and then I informed him that so does the Swiss Army bag they sell, however it is to thick to fit in it.

Another reason I like the messenger bag, besides being able to see and know whats going on with my bag, is the "Targus POCKET for iPad" that it has which they advertise fits the 1st and 2nd Generation iPads, and most tablets and e-readers up to 10", and the "hidden" pocket n the side that can old a beverage container.
Current Laptop: ASUS G74SX-BBK7 😄

Previous Laptop: ASUS G72GX-RBBX05 :mad:
(Still own it, but it has the annoying whitescreen flicker due to poor LCD cable placement problem)

Retired
Not applicable
I can't find one named "XL", is it one of these (or are they the same product?) I am thinking of getting the same messenger bag.

Targus CityGear Messenger Laptop Case at Costco
Targus CityGear Messenger Laptop Case - Black/Grey/Yellow at Bestbuy