cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions needed to buy for M2 NVMe SSD for ROG G751JY

craftsvision
Level 7
Hello All.
I am new to ROG community. I got a good deal on a used ROG G751JY and I bought it. Currently it is running on HDD which sucks. Thankfully I found the post here to upgrade BIOS and have NVMe support which will be bootable as well.

I have only 1 question.
1. Which one would you suggest me to buy from these? Even though most of following variants have capability of 3000+ r/w, I understand the bottle-neck even after upgrade is around 1300-1500 r/w.
https://www.adata.com/en/compare/?ProNo=636,596,610,663
SAMSUNG 970 EVO is also an option but above variants are more faster and price is almost same for all with $5-10 difference.
I will be buying 1TB and it will be my primary disk for windows 10, working with graphics/video and games.

The reason to ask this question is because we have quarantine, all shops are closed and the only way to buy one is online and I dont want to get stuck with something that will not work at all and return will be possible but it will be a hectic process to send it back again by mail, exchange or refund.

Thank you, will be waiting.
2 REPLIES 2

Reikai003
Level 7
Hi!

The SSD, specially NvME Pcie 3.0 make a entire world of difference between a HDD. Buy it, think no more. You can buy a XPG SX8200 Pro, is a cheap and faster option.

Reikai003 wrote:
Hi!

The SSD, specially NvME Pcie 3.0 make a entire world of difference between a HDD. Buy it, think no more. You can buy a XPG SX8200 Pro, is a cheap and faster option.

Thanks alot for answering, have been desperately waiting for someone to comment something that have prior experience with BIOS mod with G751JY, but unfortunately SX8200 pro is not in my options at the moment. I can only choose something from above variants that I mentioned.