cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for RAM and SSD for G752VY

d3vil3d
Level 7
Hey, guys!
I recently bought an ASUS ROG G752VY laptop. Currently, I am with the standard RAM of my laptop 8GB - DDR4 2133 MHz SDRAM.
I am willing to upgrade it to 16 GB or 32 GB. I would like to hear some suggestions about which models and brands should I look for which are suitable for my laptop and are really good. And also, is it worth to upgrade to 32 GB or 16 should be enough?
I am a dedicated gamer playing a lot of high-end games which I want to run on ultra and I would like my laptop to suite my needs perfectly so I really need your help when taking the decision how much RAM I should add and from which brands and models should I choose.
Also, since I am used to having a SSD on my last laptop, I would really like to hear your suggestions for a good SSD which is not that overpriced. I was suggested Samsung 850 EVO. Could I hear your opinion on that too?
Thanks a lot guys! I am looking forward to your response!
3 REPLIES 3

httuner
Level 9
Any Samsung SSD is good; never had one failed on me and they always perform amazing; SSD speeds are only noticed in benchmarks; Real life usage_ You can't really tell; they are just blazing fast compare to any HDD. You can get a Samsung NVME 950Pro SSD(It's still pretty expensive compare to other SSD's, it is however super blazing fast compared to any SSD's, but you pay more for less storage space)

If your upgrading Ram; get a 16GBx2 (32GB) Ram kit; this way in the future you can bump it up to 64GB of ram; 32 is way more than enough. For gaming you really won't see any improvements with more ram; 8GB is already super good for gaming. In terms of brand; any good reputable brand is good; My favorite is GSKILL- got it in every PC I've ever built; Second would be Crucial/Kingston/Samsung

Neweggs got a set of Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit for pretty good deal right now; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820156123&cm_re=Crucial_Ballistix_DDR4_Laptop-...
129 bucks you can't go wrong!

I would add that you need to know what the timings and voltage of your current RAM is, and match them up as exactly if not they won't play well with each other.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

httuner wrote:
Any Samsung SSD is good; never had one failed on me and they always perform amazing; SSD speeds are only noticed in benchmarks; Real life usage_ You can't really tell; they are just blazing fast compare to any HDD. You can get a Samsung NVME 950Pro SSD(It's still pretty expensive compare to other SSD's, it is however super blazing fast compared to any SSD's, but you pay more for less storage space)

If your upgrading Ram; get a 16GBx2 (32GB) Ram kit; this way in the future you can bump it up to 64GB of ram; 32 is way more than enough. For gaming you really won't see any improvements with more ram; 8GB is already super good for gaming. In terms of brand; any good reputable brand is good; My favorite is GSKILL- got it in every PC I've ever built; Second would be Crucial/Kingston/Samsung

Neweggs got a set of Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit for pretty good deal right now; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820156123&cm_re=Crucial_Ballistix_DDR4_Laptop-...
129 bucks you can't go wrong!

yes you can go wrong. Crucial ram=doesnt play friendly with most everything. The only after market ram that you can also get through the egg that has worked 100% of the time is Gskill ripjaws. If you really want to do it right make up you mind on which you want, 32GB or 64GB and buy a 4 stick kit and do them all now. The machine will run up to 2400 without a hitch. Wont run anything past that. Already been down that road, there is a thread here about it.

if you just want to add to what you have Install HW monitor and see what you have already then match it. Hynix can be matched up with Samsung. Just make sure its the same speeds. Hynix is Samsung made by a cheaper manufacturer for OEM. You wont find Hynix for sale.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein