cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuttering with GTA V on my G751JY? Why?

N8Gamez
Level 7
I am a Proud owner of this ASUS G751JY-DB72 with 24gb ram GTX980m bios 208 256 M2 and a 512 SSD. I recently moved from my ACER V5 i7 2.0ghz with 8gb ram, 4gb GTX 850M with a 512 SSD. I played GTA V with no fram drop at 60fps settings moderately on high at 1080p. Coming to the ASUS I anticipated no hold ups whatso ever; but, when I installed GTA V there are definate hesitations. I am not sure if that is related to the 75+fps at 1080p with settings all on high. My screen refresh rate does not seem to be editable as I percieved it to be, as it is locked in at 75hz. It simply seems to under perform the ACER and I am sure it is due to the still near vanilla settings as I only got the ASUS a few days ago. I have updated drivers and just downloaded GPU Tweak and CPU Z but am not too sure how to use them. GPU tweak seemed to turn the monitor one color when trying to go higher than 1200. Is there some sort of base guide line for tweaking/overclocking the GPU and the CPU, that I could be referred to? :cool:
2 REPLIES 2

Gidimi
Level 7
Latest update does have stuttering issues for all PC users so its definitely not a problem with your laptop. Rockstar said their working on it, who knows when a patch will be released though.

Just as I post that, I received an update on steam. Looks like they've patched the stuttering issues.