cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stucked Shift issue

GrEEman
Level 7
Hello everyone! I have a little problem here... I own G55 and one of my shifts, maybe both i dont really know, is occasionally "self pressed" or "self activated", while i dont even touch it . It started, since first boot, when i have set my password first time. This is happening only time to time. Some days it runs complete normally. I also tried to recovery my system from recovery partition on SSD, but it wasnt help. I cant see any mechanical damage or difference on these keys, so i dont know if it software of hardware problem, can anybody help me?
2 REPLIES 2

cl-scott
Level 12
Most likely there's an intermittent short with your keyboard, and it needs to be replaced, or even just have the ribbon cable reseated. Since reseating the cable would involve at least partial disassembly of the unit, you would get into potential warranty voiding areas, so I can't recommend you try this on your own unless you're willing to accept the potential consequences.

If you're within the return period of wherever you purchased the unit, you can always go that route, otherwise I would recommend sending it in for service.

http://support.asus.com/ will help you get started. If there's an authorized service center in your area, you can always take your unit to them and let them try reseating the cable to see if it helps.

cl-scott wrote:
Most likely there's an intermittent short with your keyboard, and it needs to be replaced, or even just have the ribbon cable reseated. Since reseating the cable would involve at least partial disassembly of the unit, you would get into potential warranty voiding areas, so I can't recommend you try this on your own unless you're willing to accept the potential consequences.

If you're within the return period of wherever you purchased the unit, you can always go that route, otherwise I would recommend sending it in for service.

http://support.asus.com/ will help you get started. If there's an authorized service center in your area, you can always take your unit to them and let them try reseating the cable to see if it helps.

Thank you for response, ill rather send it in for service 🙂