cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stange noise issue

teh_tintin
Level 7
Hello, i bought a G750 JW but i have an annoying issue with a strange noise. When i use headphones i can hear a noise (like waterfall noise) and it's really annoying you can trust me... ^^ I already tried to upgrade Realtek drivers.. Did anyone solve that problem ?

ps: am i the only one to find that HDD make a lot of noise ? (2*750G 7200RPM)
18 REPLIES 18

teh_tintin
Level 7
And the problem about HDD isn't that they do a lot of noise but they vibrate a lot

bootyroast
Level 9
The sound output through the headphones is due to the drivers it seems, we'll have to wait for Asus to release a proper driver that solves this issue.

derpcules
Level 9
At first I had trouble with hissing too (the waterfall noise).

There is a nice guide how to install the latest driver WITH maxx audio enabled somewhere on this forum.
Just search for maxx audio and youll find it. Following that fixed some of the hissing when I used earplugs.
Id say the hissing was reduced to half or so, this was probably (im guessing) because without maxx audio the gain setting is set to medium.
Its the small, medium, large setting under headphones in maxx audio I mean.

Anyway I still had hissing and that is most likely never going to get fixed because the amplifier built into the g750 is meant to drive larger headphones it seems.
This isnt something rare, it happens with some expensive headphone amplifiers aswell if you stick sensitive iems (most earplugs) into them.
Its simply a common problem with amplifiers meant for headphones that are hard to drive, its most likely due to output impendance mismatch between the jack and your headphones.

The iems I used at first were 16 ohm and the headphones I use now are 40 ohm and I have no hiss.

My advice is getting some headphones with atleast 40 ohm impendance.

I highly recommend hifiman he 400. Theres a thread on this forum about headphones where you can find others that people have tried and have no hiss, just search for headphones.

Good luck!

derpcules wrote:
At first I had trouble with hissing too (the waterfall noise).

There is a nice guide how to install the latest driver WITH maxx audio enabled somewhere on this forum.
Just search for maxx audio and youll find it. Following that fixed some of the hissing when I used earplugs.
Id say the hissing was reduced to half or so, this was probably (im guessing) because without maxx audio the gain setting is set to medium.
Its the small, medium, large setting under headphones in maxx audio I mean.

Anyway I still had hissing and that is most likely never going to get fixed because the amplifier built into the g750 is meant to drive larger headphones it seems.
This isnt something rare, it happens with some expensive headphone amplifiers aswell if you stick sensitive iems (most earplugs) into them.
Its simply a common problem with amplifiers meant for headphones that are hard to drive, its most likely due to output impendance mismatch between the jack and your headphones.

The iems I used at first were 16 ohm and the headphones I use now are 40 ohm and I have no hiss.

My advice is getting some headphones with atleast 40 ohm impendance.

I highly recommend hifiman he 400. Theres a thread on this forum about headphones where you can find others that people have tried and have no hiss, just search for headphones.

Good luck!

Hi to all,

I have a noise issue on headphone, when I plug in jack. I think is it the same issue described here! There isn't a solution? Is it a driver's bug or hardware's bug? I won't go with the 5th RMA! :mad:
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

B1g_Dav3
Level 7
Update the Realtek driver: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-NEW-Realtek-Audio-Driver-has-the-ROG-MAXXWaves-Audio&...

Solved it for me.
ASUS ROG G750
Previous:
ASUS N55SF

New to this ere special gaming computer stuff, but trying to catch up 😛

B1g_Dav3 wrote:
Update the Realtek driver: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-NEW-Realtek-Audio-Driver-has-the-ROG-MAXXWaves-Audio&...

Solved it for me.

I had installed but it is not solved.

derpcules
Level 9
What headphones are you using? High sensitivity/low impendance headphones will sound bad on a g750.

Basically any headphone designed to be used with a mobile phone.

On the other hand you get vastly superior soundquality using the right kind of headphones compared to any other laptop.

But im not getting the feeling youre even reading the replies youre given.

derpcules wrote:
What headphones are you using? High sensitivity/low impendance headphones will sound bad on a g750.

Basically any headphone designed to be used with a mobile phone.

On the other hand you get vastly superior soundquality using the right kind of headphones compared to any other laptop.

But im not getting the feeling youre even reading the replies youre given.

Ehm, the problem is it the chipset's shielding, poor quality, if I plug in a phone's headphone in my Home theather jack I don't have any problem, so in this laptop what is the difference?

Symho wrote:
Ehm, the problem is it the chipset's shielding, poor quality, if I plug in a phone's headphone in my Home theather jack I don't have any problem, so in this laptop what is the difference?

My only pc has this problem? No solution?:confused: