cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOUND settings, my sound settings on G75

c_man
Level 11
OK. Let's see how this might help some of you to understand what I've done.

First at this point I am using VIA 10600a drivers. This is important. I have them from here.

Second, the player migh play an important part so I'll put it as well. I am an old user of KMPlayer and after the team dropped the suport on it to develop PotPlayer, I have that. You can get PotPlayer from here. Do not download the DirectX or whatever it might complain about.

PotPlayer will ask you for a speaker setting. You can choose whatever you want, it can be changed later.

There is also a LFE setting that will give you a bit more low freq.

If other settings are checked in this section, make them to be like mine or test your own to suit your needs.

I find PotPlayer to be a very nice program for music and movies. It has internal codecs, uses full GPU power when needed, is low on system resources, has a ton of options, it's very stable. The bad part with the x64 version is that it will minize to tray everytime.

The VIA Deck settings:

Volume control - I set Bass Filter to 50.

Speaker setting

Default format - programs might use different settings, so I didn't change a thing here.

Sound Equalizer - the part you all want.

Here are the values for them:

60 = +5 - there is hardly any improvement on low freq. with this any higher.
170 = +15 - Sub and speakers both are affected by this.
310 = +5 - higher value will not help sound quality much.
600 = 0
1k = -10 - Sub and speakers both are affected by this, for a Sub a range 'till 1k is quite a lot.
3k = 0
6k = +10
12k = + 15 - Above 12k sound quality on speakers will be poor.
14k = 0
16k = 0

If you have questions, please ask.

I did not change anything in Windows.
75 REPLIES 75

guys. any of you got noisy microphone issues?

i got that noisy sounds like a pinwriter printer or something when using skype.

i tried to tick listen and it still there ( skype closed ) so the noise is not from skype.
I lowered the mic boost down to 0 and the noise decreased lil bit but it still there..

i`m using the 10600 driver.

any help guys?

Tomislav
Level 11
@Vicerox you'll need an external sound card for 5.1 or 7.1 sound. Though a bunch of 5.1/7.1 headsets come with their own solutions G55/G75 itself doesn't have that. And a word of advice if you are buying headphones for music you don't need 5.1 sound. If you are looking for a headset to use it in games then you might consider it.
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD

camu
Level 7
Hi!

Pretty impressive post there!
I have a question for you if you don't mind.
I have a G46 and my friends have been telling me I sound terrible when we are in a Skype call.
I listened to myself using the Skype testing service and well, it just sound like I'm sitting in a cardboard box or something.
I am (obviously) using the inbuilt mic.
I already changed the "mic boost" from 30db to 0, it helped a little but it still sounds pretty meh 😕

I could post a sample sound if that's necessary. If you cant help then no problem and I'll probably just make a new thread for it.

c_man
Level 11
I never used skype, I have no idea about how it works. But for what is worth, I am using a pair of headphones and they are rather good (and cheap). Easy fix, get a pair. I have not seen sound so bad on other series from anyone, like these G laptops offer us. It's so beyond me why Asus made them like this.

pixeldust
Level 7
c_man wrote:
OK. Let's see how this might help some of you to understand what I've done.

First at this point I am using VIA 10600a drivers. This is important. I have them from here.

Second, the player migh play an important part so I'll put it as well. I am an old user of KMPlayer and after the team dropped the suport on it to develop PotPlayer, I have that. You can get PotPlayer from here. Do not download the DirectX or whatever it might complain about.

PotPlayer will ask you for a speaker setting. You can choose whatever you want, it can be changed later.

There is also a LFE setting that will give you a bit more low freq.

If other settings are checked in this section, make them to be like mine or test your own to suit your needs.

I find PotPlayer to be a very nice program for music and movies. It has internal codecs, uses full GPU power when needed, is low on system resources, has a ton of options, it's very stable. The bad part with the x64 version is that it will minize to tray everytime.

The VIA Deck settings:

Volume control - I set Bass Filter to 50.

Speaker setting

Default format - programs might use different settings, so I didn't change a thing here.

Sound Equalizer - the part you all want.

Here are the values for them:

60 = +5 - there is hardly any improvement on low freq. with this any higher.
170 = +15 - Sub and speakers both are affected by this.
310 = +5 - higher value will not help sound quality much.
600 = 0
1k = -10 - Sub and speakers both are affected by this, for a Sub a range 'till 1k is quite a lot.
3k = 0
6k = +10
12k = + 15 - Above 12k sound quality on speakers will be poor.
14k = 0
16k = 0

If you have questions, please ask.

I did not change anything in Windows.

Is the stock G55VW sound system / speakers the same as the G75 machine? :confused:

Will these settings also work for the G55? :confused:

khai7
Level 8
hello read this post, thx a lot.... im owner of G75VX and N45Sf always puzzle me why sound system is weak on my new G75VX...? why don't asus use Creative sound cards or Kepler speaker like on Alienware..?? lols but rest G75vx is awesome.. for now cause im new too G75vx 🙂

skippy1331
Level 7
Quick question, Quite nooby to this. I have realtek HD audio manager.
DO i uninstall this and then install this VIA program and driver?
on an Aussie g75vx
ASUS G75VX-T4153H
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
Windows 8
16GB DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM (Hynix+Kingston)
17.3" HD+ EWV (1600 x 900)/Full HD (1920x1080)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
Hitachi 1TB HDD
Unknown 256GB SSD
Blu-Ray_RW

Sadly, you can't. The g75vx comes with a totally different sound card . it's realtek instead of VIA.

Realtek actually produces better sound. and much louder. although it still has the issue with the subwoofer. this is going to be asus who needs to patch this on a BIOS update.

I had the G75VW for a while, got rid of it for a G75VX.....

Here are some observations....

I thought the bass quality and quantity of the G75VW with the VIA chip was much better.

As a matter of fact, when using the equalizer of the G75VX with the Realtek HD audio drivers.....moving any of the sliders below 1K did absolutely nothing to the sound. I could move the 31, 62, 125, 250 and 500 all the up or all the way down and it did not change the sound one bit.

With the G75VW and the VIA chip, moving all these frequencies around actually had an effect on the sound (except the lowest bass slider)

Austin
Level 7
how do i change the audio so it comes out in the built in speakers instead of the subwoofer?