cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Suite V2.4.13 not installing

kingswillz
Level 9
I tried installing Sonic Suite V2.4.13 as it's listed on the Asus site for Drivers & Tools for my model and it asked me to uninstall my old version of Sonic Suite.
I did, restarted and tried to install this new version. Now, it gives me the popup saying my audio driver is obsolete and to update it.
The thing is, the audio driver I have is the latest one that's shown to me on the Asus Drivers & Tools page.
I did see people suggesting installing realtek drivers but provided no actual source.
I actually did try to get a new realtek audio driver a while back and that caused a Critical_Process_Died BSOD.
I must admit, I did do weird things but mostly due to the fact when I did install an updated driver, Sonic Studio wouldn't work or the audio sounded weird.

So, basically if anyone knows how I can do this successfully, I would appreciate it.
If I shouldn't bother with this and should just reinstall the old Sonic Suite, let me know.

Model: G752VT
Current Realtek High Definition Audio Driver: V6.0.1.7831
16,073 Views
14 REPLIES 14

jdfrench3
Level 12
My current ASUS G752VSK Realtek driver is 6.0.8746.1. It can be downloaded here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GM501GS/Audio_Realtek_W10_64_V6087461.zip

The latest Sonic Studio is 3.6.42.51937. It can be downloaded here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/AppforWin10/ASUSSonicStudio/ASUSSonicStudio3_AVolute_CFL...

The latest Sonic Radar is 3.6.42.51937. It can be downloaded here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/AppforWin10/ASUSSonicRadar/ASUSSonicRadar3_AVolute_CFL_W...

I suggest you should use the IvanRF website to get the latest ASUS drivers as Ivan's source is ASUS.

https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
My current ASUS G752VSK Realtek driver is 6.0.8746.1. It can be downloaded here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GM501GS/Audio_Realtek_W10_64_V6087461.zip

The latest Sonic Studio is 3.6.42.51937. It can be downloaded here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/AppforWin10/ASUSSonicStudio/ASUSSonicStudio3_AVolute_CFL...

The latest Sonic Radar is 3.6.42.51937. It can be downloaded here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/AppforWin10/ASUSSonicRadar/ASUSSonicRadar3_AVolute_CFL_W...

I suggest you should use the IvanRF website to get the latest ASUS drivers as Ivan's source is ASUS.

https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/

Good Luck


I installed the realtek driver, installed sonic studio 3 from the links you provided and then sonic suite from the Asus driver site.
Now it doesn't work anymore. When I restart my PC and/or try opening Sonic Studio I get:
"This App has been blocked for your protection
An administrator has blocked you from running this app
SS2UILauncher.exe"

Sonic Studio does actually open up, but it doesn't work. Also, in Realtek HD Audio Manager on the Sonic Suite tab, nothing shows up there.
I don't know what to do anymore, it just got worse. Side note: I did not install the new Sonic Radar

Current drivers:
Asus Sonic Suite Plugins: 2.4.13 (From Asus support)
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver: 6.0.8746.1 (From your link)
Sonic Studio: 3.6.42.51937 (From your link)

Confirm you have installed the latest Realtek driver. Look into your Device Manager and confirm you have the right driver:

Use the Programs and Features to confirm you have the correct Sonic program installed:

You should not have the Asus Sonic Suite Plugins: 2.4.13 installed, Uninstall.

As for your app being blocked, it's your antivirus program blocking it

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

What version ROG Gaming Center are you running? The latest is 2.6.1 and can be downloaded here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GL503GE/ROG_Gaming_Center_V2.6.1.zip

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
What version ROG Gaming Center are you running? The latest is 2.6.1 and can be downloaded here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GL503GE/ROG_Gaming_Center_V2.6.1.zip

Good Luck


For ROG Gaming Center, I am using 2.6.1.
I can confirm in device manager that the Realtek driver is 6.0.8746.1
I uninstalled Asus Sonic Suite Plugins now.
But when I try to install Sonic Studio 3.6.42.51937 from the link you sent me it gives me an error:
"Installation could not proceed: The device is not supported." Also, I have no Anti-Virus, only Windows Defender.
So, I'm assuming there's nothing I can do. Should I go back to the original Sonic Suite and Sonic Studio?

kingswillz wrote:
...Should I go back to the original Sonic Suite and Sonic Studio?



Yes. Those are the ones that are supported by your computer, nothing else is guaranteed. If you change the versions you are looking for trouble.

Some of your comments above also lead me to believe you are not installing as Administrator. In my experience Sonic Studio versions from Asus need to be installed as Administrator, and lately I also had to authorize the shortcuts to always Run as Administrator for all users if I don't want nuisance errors and popups.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Yes. Those are the ones that are supported by your computer, nothing else is guaranteed. If you change the versions you are looking for trouble.

Some of your comments above also lead me to believe you are not installing as Administrator. In my experience Sonic Studio versions from Asus need to be installed as Administrator, and lately I also had to authorize the shortcuts to always Run as Administrator for all users if I don't want nuisance errors and popups.


Yeah, you're right. I reinstalled Sonic Suite from eSupport and Sonic Studio wasn't working. I figured it was the updated Realtek driver.
For good measure I uninstalled Sonic Suite and even though it's older, I reinstalled the latest Asus provided Realtek driver for my specific model on the Support site.
Then I installed Sonic Suite 2.0.14 from eSupport once more and now Sonic Studio works again. I don't want to go through this again, haha.

I thought about maybe updating my Bios since there is a new one for my model, but..after all this who knows what might happen since I had clean installed W10.
I'm not sure if the new Bios is necessary or not. I don't have any issues that I'm currently aware of anyway.

The only issues I have so far concerning Asus drivers/programs now is Splendid. It doesn't properly install through the installation wizard in eSupport.
Otherwise, no issues. Thanks, both you and jdfrench3 for the help. I really appreciate it. I'll probably make a thread about something sooner or later.
If you guys have any recommendations to update anything else, let me know.

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
Hi Kingswillz
what drivers are you currently using?
Question just because I also had to fight very hard to find my right drivers. I also asked the (MoKiChU) but he treated me a little unfriendly but that's not the issue here.
So to your problem what used to be mine. Microsoft has accepted some changes to its system and asus has harried us as if it did not support properly.

As a result, the audio driver version V6.0.1.7654 for my GX700VO from the https://www.asus.com/de/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GX700VO/HelpDesk_Download/ did not work properly like for you the V6.0.1.7831 and I started to express. Thank god i found it. Damn that .. the Nahimic !!
So what you need is the driver V6.0.1.XXXX_FF03 with Nahimic. And that is the HDA Sonic Studio with V2 and not the UAD driver with Sonic Studio with V3

I'm uploading V6.0.1.859_FF03 for you here


This is how Sonic Suite 2.4.13 works 🙂

Have fun with it.
Please tell me if it worked

PS: Incidentally, please direct your current audio driver with DDU tool and deactivate WiFi and LAN first so that the windows do not reinstall the old drivers from the database

OLD


NEW

Dimitrios1971 wrote:
Hi Kingswillz
what drivers are you currently using?
Question just because I also had to fight very hard to find my right drivers. I also asked the (MoKiChU) but he treated me a little unfriendly but that's not the issue here.
So to your problem what used to be mine. Microsoft has accepted some changes to its system and asus has harried us as if it did not support properly.

As a result, the audio driver version V6.0.1.7654 for my GX700VO from the https://www.asus.com/de/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GX700VO/HelpDesk_Download/ did not work properly like for you the V6.0.1.7831 and I started to express. Thank god i found it. Damn that .. the Nahimic !!
So what you need is the driver V6.0.1.XXXX_FF03 with Nahimic. And that is the HDA Sonic Studio with V2 and not the UAD driver with Sonic Studio with V3

I'm uploading V6.0.1.859_FF03 for you here


This is how Sonic Suite 2.4.13 works 🙂

Have fun with it.
Please tell me if it worked

PS: Incidentally, please direct your current audio driver with DDU tool and deactivate WiFi and LAN first so that the windows do not reinstall the old drivers from the database

Hi, my Realtek HD Audio driver is currently "6.0.1.7831" which is the latest provided by Asus for my model on their site.
As for Sonic Studio, it's 2.0.14 since I reinstalled Asus Sonic Suite Plugins from the eSupport folder.
I'm not sure what other specific drivers you're asking for, but mostly everything else is up to date with the Asus Support site.

I will try your suggestion when I have enough time and will send another reply when I do this.
But my question is, I only need to install the audio driver and sonic studio from the folder you uploaded, correct?
I'm unfamiliar with Nahimic, do I have to install Nahimic from another source or is that already with the audio driver?

What I have to do is turn Wifi off, go Safe Mode, uninstall the Realtek driver using DDU, install the "8591_FF03" one and then install SonicStudio?
I noticed in DDU, there's also an Audio driver called "Soundblaster", I just leave that alone or uninstall too?

Thanks for the help.