cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Solved) Macbook Pro Retina Display 15" Vs Asus G75VW

siddique305
Level 7
My Friend Has An Apple Macbook Pro With Retina Display And He Says That Is Better Than My Beast !! His Specs Are - 2.3Ghz 3610QM, Nvidia GT650M, 8GB Of Memory. My Specs - 2.4Ghz 3610QM (Overclocked) , GTX670M Overclocked , 16Gb Of Memory.... If He Just Says The Portability Is Better I Would Have Agreed But He Is Saying That Macbooks Are The Best !! Best All Rounder Notebooks And Bla Bla Bla.......
So What Do You Guys Think ? Retina Macbook Or G75 For Video Editing, Photo Editing, Gaming, And All Of Those Good Stuff

Siddique
28 REPLIES 28

HulkSmash wrote:
How Can You Type Like This?

Haha... Im Used To Typing !

john_from_ohio
Level 11
siddique305 wrote:
So What Do You Guys Think ?

The macbook 15 retina is an absolute beast!

The G75 display is pretty dang good ... until you start checking the mac display ...

The apple's give you the ability to dual boot or even run windows thru a vm ( like parallels ).

For sheer graphics horse power the G75 systems are stronger but many of do not need/demand that much horse power.

Why don't you get one of both? I am seriously thinking about adding a new macbook pro 15 with retina for travel since my oldest daughter appears to have captured my macbook air 13.

DRAKON
Level 7
Tell your friend to buy a real brand - Apple is a fruit, not an electronics brand.

On a serious note - G75 is better in every way except:

1. Portability - do you want a real gaming beast or a gaming beast substitute?
2. Screen - can you even see the difference in the screen? Cause I can see how my games are running without any lag and I do not really have time to see how pixels look a little bit better.

By the way Apple are overpriced in every aspect. Their customers are obviously drugged cause they just can't see it...

DRAKON wrote:
Tell your friend to buy a real brand - Apple is a fruit, not an electronics brand.

On a serious note - G75 is better in every way except:

1. Portability - do you want a real gaming beast or a gaming beast substitute?
2. Screen - can you even see the difference in the screen? Cause I can see how my games are running without any lag and I do not really have time to see how pixels look a little bit better.

By the way Apple are overpriced in every aspect. Their customers are obviously drugged cause they just can't see it...

We do have to give Apple credit where it is due:
1) Portability - They do have this down...but portability and high-end gaming are mutually exclusive.
2) Marketing - what other company has so many fanboy sheep that will do and spew everything Apple tells them?
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

TSC-Ops
Level 7
who cares its his money
Asus G75VW-BBK , 24GB , 2x256GB SSD , everything else stock

siddique305
Level 7
I Already Told My Friend To Buy A New Good Computer !

Tomislav
Level 11
As professional content creator (graphic design, video, 3D) I can honestly say that mac wins in only two categories: weight and screen ( though I don't know how does gt 650 runs that 1800p display). Honestly no laptop can beat a decent desktop, but if you need a desktop replacement, that can pull some serious work G75 is much better. Period. Read the facts. As for Mac OS X being a better OS than windows: that is simply not true. Apple has to make an OS for maybe 40-50 different components and Microsoft has to make an OS that works on thousands and thousands different components (so just imagine how advanced it has to be). I used both OS x and Windows, and trust me OS X is not as good as they say. MacbookPro and G75 aren't in the same category of products and thus are not truly comparable. Macbook is an expensive accessory, every serious content creator uses a PC. The worst thing I ever heard about Mac's was that creative people use Mac's. That's just offensive. Who knows what would people at Pixar think about that? Do you think they use Mac's ?
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD

Animekid117
Level 7
In my opinion the ASUS wins in hardware hands down, people buy Macbooks for the little apple logo on the front, if they realize they are paying for a laptop that can edit video and photos and they are just using it for facebook that is their own problem for throwing over a thousand dollars away when you can get PC's for under 400 and sometimes under 300 dollars. Now if you want to game on a Macbook not only is the OS unsupported for many great games but the hardware is mediocre, the ASUS is the best for both video editing and hardcore gaming, the Mac should just bow out.

VeriVolt
Level 7
  • Designs are different, better gaming components in the Asus
  • I'd say they're the same, both companies make great products
  •  Apple prices things high because they have a powerful customer base willing to pay for their products
  •  Because iMovie is optimized for apple products, plus, they have pretty strong processors, enough RAM and it has a 650m, with plenty of GPU processing power