cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] G751JY Win10 issue: when you try to resume from Sleep mode it will reboot

hexaae
Level 12
So here is the problem here:
when I put my G751JY into sleep mode and then try to resume the system will simply reboot, no BSOD or other errors, just reboot. Then I'll find in the Reliability monitor that "Windows has been shut down incorrectly"...
The reboot is so fast and immediate I didn't notice at the beginngin (I've SSD only) the OS crashed.

Still immature drivers or bugs in Windows 10? Can other confirm?

Workaround ATM: set "Allow hybrid sleep". This will resume, but sleep process will be slower of course.
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse
47 REPLIES 47

amitabitbul wrote:
I don't know, and i tried everything.
I think one of us need to flash the BIOS fw to answer on your question.

Like said before, no issues over mine, hybrid boot disabled because don't use that. Windows from sleep it boots just fine. My model it's the JY.

xdr
Level 7
First of all check in the event viewer if you have Kernel-power event 41 errors.
If you do, then you are facing what I had some time ago (here). I suspected that started with me installing win10 preview as a dual-boot.

Anyway, my problem was fixed by upgrading bios from 207 to 208. You might try re-flashing 208 bios and see if it helps.

xdr wrote:
First of all check in the event viewer if you have Kernel-power event 41 errors.
If you do, then you are facing what I had some time ago (here). I suspected that started with me installing win10 preview as a dual-boot.

Anyway, my problem was fixed by upgrading bios from 207 to 208. You might try re-flashing 208 bios and see if it helps.

Have also DualBoot with Mint 17.2 vKDE and no issues, when sleep it wont go to bootloader, it resume almost instantly. For the ones with problems it must missing something else.

di_Valenti
Level 7
mine does this with windows 8.1 out of the box - I assumed it was something in the BIOS putting it in sleep mode and then the battery not being removable - when you hard booted it - your really not hard booting because the power never really clears the RAM - at least that is what I kind of came up with as a possible reason, but it hasn't hurt the OS or anything so I simply restart it now until I figure out the issue... seems like you all have beat me too it, so I might try some of the suggestions, but I can confirm this is also an out of the box 8.1 from ASUS installed OS issue with the system.

Yes I have the same issue on a Win 8.1 on a Z97 motherboard. But then from the beginning of Sleep and Hibernate I have had issues with some and not with others. I really don't use either these notebooks boot so fast from a cold boot there not really needed I just shut down if I'm leaving the machine.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

hexaae
Level 12
Can't reflash old BIOS because it's the same (BIOSFlash from within BIOS fails reporting it's "old"). I already tried to restore default BIOS settings but nothing changed.
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

hexaae wrote:
Can't reflash old BIOS because it's the same (BIOSFlash from within BIOS fails reporting it's "old"). I already tried to restore default BIOS settings but nothing changed.

edit: you already tried that.

hexaae wrote:

You can flash the same BIOS you have, something wrong in your BIOS.

TugaPower wrote:
You can flash the same BIOS you have, something wrong in your BIOS.

WinFlash is not reliable IMHO. I use BIOS flash tool inside the BIOS itself, and you can't overwrite the same BIOS.

I have upgraded to Win10 other 3 PCs and with all of them Sleep mode works as expected and wakes up without reboots.
I'll try to dump to file my current BIOS and binary compare it to the 208 file.
--

jafarsalih
Level 7
in cmd type "Winflash /nodate" in winflash dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash".
and yes its 208 bios problem http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?73682-g751jt-sleep-problem-on-bios-208&p=525314#post525314