cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] G751JY Win10 issue: when you try to resume from Sleep mode it will reboot

hexaae
Level 12
So here is the problem here:
when I put my G751JY into sleep mode and then try to resume the system will simply reboot, no BSOD or other errors, just reboot. Then I'll find in the Reliability monitor that "Windows has been shut down incorrectly"...
The reboot is so fast and immediate I didn't notice at the beginngin (I've SSD only) the OS crashed.

Still immature drivers or bugs in Windows 10? Can other confirm?

Workaround ATM: set "Allow hybrid sleep". This will resume, but sleep process will be slower of course.
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse
47 REPLIES 47

There are multiple issue with window 10 and sleep mode, here is a link to the ten forums where these issues are thoroughly discussed. About 15 threads down in the link you see your issue discussed.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

cpasoft
Level 7
I had disabled the hibernation mode (because SSD disk ~ powercfg /h off), and I cannot see/set the hybrid sleep mode, but the standard sleep it's working well to me (751JY).
I've noted on your snapshot (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/imageServlet?DOCID=emr_na-c03383935-11/c03392536.jpg) that you have not installed the Intel CPPC Energy Efficency, maybe it could be related with this...

Hi guys

I get the same problem here. Sleep mode reboot my laptop.
Ipurchase my laptop in August 2015 and this problem happend since 2 weeks only. I never got it before. SO WHY NOW ???!!!

Do you have find a solution ? I tried to disable Intel HD Graphic but it do not work at all.
I have G551JW and my BIOS version is G551JW.205
I have not try to back to modify this, i hope i'll not have to do this....

ps: sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.

@Darslan
As said before, the solution is to upgrade or reflash your BIOS.

If BIOS is outdated, upgrade with asus Winflash tool and that should solve the problem.

If BIOS is updated you have to download the latest BIOS for your model from the asus support page, the launch the Winflash tool via command pront with this command "winflash /nodate" (you have to navigate to the Winflash tool intall folder first, in my case C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash)
Some thing like this: http://i.imgur.com/v8V5vP2.png
Then choose the file you downloaded from the asus website and reinstall the BIOS, that should fix the problem.

Confirmed same issue with Asus N551JM. Re-Flashing bios with same version solved the problem.

kalashenicof wrote:
@Darslan
As said before, the solution is to upgrade or reflash your BIOS.

If BIOS is outdated, upgrade with asus Winflash tool and that should solve the problem.

If BIOS is updated you have to download the latest BIOS for your model from the asus support page, the launch the Winflash tool via command pront with this command "winflash /nodate" (you have to navigate to the Winflash tool intall folder first, in my case C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash)
Some thing like this: http://i.imgur.com/v8V5vP2.png
Then choose the file you downloaded from the asus website and reinstall the BIOS, that should fix the problem.

I had the same issue with my G750JM: Sleep not working (system rebooting instead). The issue was resolved by ReFlashing the BIOS as advised above. I used WinFlash /nodate in the Command Prompt. Thanks everyone.

Gps3dx
Level 12
The following request is still relevant:
Gps3dx wrote:
WHAT I'M MISSING TO FIGURE THIS OUT IS A BCD FILE FROM G751 USERS WHO IS CURRENTLY SUFFERING FROM THE WAKE ISSUE ( BCD FILE IS FOUND ON THE EFI PARTITION UNDER \Efi\Microsoft\Boot )
One can get this file if he/she can dual boot to another OS - or use any portable OS like ubunbu ( under windows you don't have permissions to even "explorer view" this partition )

Also the following MS forum might holds the answer to the BCD problem.

Gps3dx wrote:
IF ANYONE IS THERE STIL WITH THE PROBLEM -> I NEED YOUR HELP !!!
BUT ONLY IF DID NOT REFLASH YOUR LAPTOP AND STILL EXPERIENCING THE WAKE FROM SLEEP REBOOT ISSUE !!!!
I need your BCD file which sits on a hidden partition, under \EFI\Microsoft\Boot

Inorder to has access to this partition please perform the following commands inside CMD with admis prevleges:

SOURCE with images: HERE

once you have this file, ONLY COPY IT to another place - BUT DO NOT CHANGE THE ORIGINAL !
Then please upload the file here.

Once you've finished - and want to hide back this partition open CMD same as before and:

WHY all of that ?
I about 99% sure the problem with the wake-sleep issue is with this BCD file being partially corrupt !
As bios flashing is partially DANGEROUS action, BCD editing has less danger in it.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx
Level 12
I can report that BIOS reflashing solve the odd appearance of "Unknown USB Device (Device Failed Enumeration)" under the USB tree in Device manager of my Windows 10 home ed on my G751JT.
reflashing of the SAME bios version, solve it, so now I don't got this "Unknown USB Device" anymore.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]