cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapped piece off of bottom cover, now it's floating around...

JDS
Level 7
As I took the bottom cover off to throw in a new HyperX 3k SSD into my G75, I noticed one of the small little hook-like pieces that you pop into the back snapped off. It is by my back left fan, and I am SUPER worried that it's gonna get caught up back there and either a.) mess with the filter. b.) get in the way of the air flow. or c.) putt pressure on a precious part of the computer.

I have tried getting it out for almost 2 hours, and I don't know an effective way of doing so. I don't want to hurt the laptop, but I gotta get this thing out...any suggestions?
Asus G75V
nVidia GTX 670M
i7 3630QM at 2.4Ghz
12 GB Memory
750 HDD (500 HDD + 250 SSD)
Windows 8 Pro
4 REPLIES 4

Dreamonic
Level 12
The best trick is take a toothpick and bite the tip off and put a piece of your favorite freshly chewed gum on the end. Slide it between the fan blades and that should allow you to grab it and pull it out.

I would imagine you tried shaking it out but because of the way the fan blades curve in, it's pretty hard for that to happen.

UnAimed
Level 9
Use a vacuum cleaner to suck it out.

Apexing
Level 9
ah I´ve had almost all of mine broken, it arrived with 3 of them broken. no idea where to buy a new one since I would like a new buttom cover xD
but shake the laptop around if you cant see the bits, they should come out fairly easy. and dont worry they wont short circut anything in there.

Clintlgm
Level 14
Get a replacement here http://us.estore.asus.com/
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro